Calling all front-end experts: life is short; work somewhere amazing! American Reading Company is an educational services company with a mission: our solutions help ensure every child in America is reading and writing on or above grade level. If you are a front-end expert who wants your work to make a lasting impact for generations, then we need YOU to bring our solutions to life through beautiful, brilliant, and intuitive web apps.
- Prioritize and manage your work on multiple projects within design specs and budgetary constraints.
- Write automated tests using tools such as Cypress and Jest.
- Work together with a back-end developer to design and integrate APIs and data/business logic interfaces.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Constructive perfectionism, with attention to the smallest of details.
- Self-motivation. Micromanagement is not our style.
- Must provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination and booster.
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with PHP and related libraries (e.g. Twig, Laravel).
- Knowing your way around a bash shell.
- Working experience with Git.
- Experience with other front-end frameworks (React, Ember, etc.).
- Detailed understanding of web protocols and technologies (e.g. cookies, CSRF/XSS, OAuth).
Location and Longevity:
- This is a full-time position.
- Fully remote candidates as well as those interested in working at our headquarters in Blue Bell, PA, will be considered.
- We are looking for someone who will build a lasting career with us!
Why You’ll Want to Join Our Team:
- The opportunity to contribute in a meaningful way in a rapidly growing, socially responsible company.
- A competitive salary and benefits such as 15 days PTO plus holidays including 2 week-long office closures, 401K, and employer contribution to the cost of health insurance.
- Additional benefit options available, such as a short- & long-term disability insurance, pet insurance, an Employee Assistance Program, and a children’s home library collection.
- We are an equal opportunity employer who greatly values our strength through diversity.
- We are a dog- and family-friendly environment that is 100% solar powered.
- Must be 18 or older.
- No resumes will be considered without a cover letter.
- No third-party applications, please.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
- No phone calls, please.