Scentsy is on the lookout for a DevOps (Middleware) Engineer to help us manage development and operational-related activities needed to support our e-commerce business as well as manage and support all other hosted web services.
We provide a leading-edge e-commerce shopping environment for our consumers as well as a complete business management portal for our sales consultants which enables them to manage customers, orders, and parties. The consultant portal also provides analytics to help them market and grow their business.
This job will sit in our corporate office in Meridian, ID. Out-of-state candidates will need to be willing to relocate if offered the position.
What You Would Do
- A DevOps Engineer will: Develop and maintain system deployment automation processes to enable teams to deploy, manage, configure, scale, and monitor their applications
- A DevOps Engineer will: Build, configure, and manage tools for fast and reliable deployments of software
- A DevOps Engineer will: Build tools for infrastructure monitoring and resolve any issues while running in production
- A DevOps Engineer will: Plan, install, and test new software releases, server automation, system upgrades, and resolve software related problems for both development and production enterprise systems
- A DevOps Engineer will: Configure, deploy, and ensure secure setup of Internet Information Services (IIS)
Our Ideal Candidate Has
- 5+ years of DevOps Engineering experience including scripting, system deployment automation, and hardware and network infrastructure design
- Expert level troubleshooting skills
- Solutions Expert or equivalent certification in a DevOps/Cloud/Automation area required
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or demonstrated equivalent
What You Should Know
- A DevOps Engineer will have: Strong working knowledge of scripting such as PowerShell, Python, Bash, etc.
- A DevOps Engineer will have: Working knowledge of languages such as Ruby, C#, etc.
- A DevOps Engineer will have: Working knowledge of orchestration tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.
- A DevOps Engineer will have: Working knowledge of Cloud technologies such as Azure, AWS, etc.
- A DevOps Engineer will have: Solid working knowledge of configuring and supporting virtualization platforms, i.e., VMware
- A DevOps Engineer will have: Solid working knowledge of enterprise deployment strategies, high-availability
- A DevOps Engineer will have: Strong knowledge of Continuous Integration processes, solutions, and tools such as Jenkins, Team City, Octopus Deploy, etc.
- A DevOps Engineer will have: Advanced knowledge installing, troubleshooting, and diagnostics of Windows and/or Red Hat servers, Domain Name servers (DNS), IIS, and port security