A third generation, family-owned business, EE Wine, Inc., now trading as Wine Energy, employs more than 170 service-conscious individuals and operates a fleet of 30 trucks and vehicles. We sell over 33 million gallons of heating oil and other petroleum products every year and serve nearly 3000 residential and commercial customers throughout Northern Virginia. Our HVAC Division is Class A licensed by the state of Virginia to install the latest energy-efficient heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems, along with Crystal Clean Duct Services, to improve your air quality needs. Additionally, our Retail Division proudly operates Wi-Not Stop convenience stores and a Marketplace.
The HVAC Technician provides quality services to our customers and is responsible for day-to-day coordination to ensure jobs are completed as scheduled. Works with HVAC Manager for innovative ideas on product development and improvement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Responds to service calls, drives to site, greets customer, performs preventive maintenance and/or troubleshoots malfunctioning systems/equipment to determine the nature of the problem.
· Surveys and discusses in detail with the customer any services to be completed
· Assists in locating and diagnosing problems, assessing extent of repairs, and describing options and associated costs to the customer. Provides a description of diagnosed problems to customer in terms that can be understood with options, as possible.
· Performs maintenance and service repairs on heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems. Installs new units or replacement parts for existing units according to specifications and established safety guidelines.
· Performs preventive maintenance on equipment to prevent equipment failure by cleaning air handling systems and reheat coils, monitoring and calibrating air handling systems and replacing filters, motors, fans, belts, etc. on systems. Repairs, replaces, and adjusts vents and duct work.
· Checks condensation drain line to ensure that it is free of debris and draining properly. Treats and/or clears clogged drain lines.
· Maintains and fuels vehicle and stocks the service truck with adequate parts. Transports materials and tools to the job site and provides proper accounting of tools and materials.
· Completes all required documentation on services and collects, records, and delivers fees to the office.
· Installs, repairs, replaces, or cleans refrigerant lines, fans, appliance vents, smoke detectors, humidifiers, and grills, as appropriate.
· Tests repairs and installations by starting unit and checking pressures with gauges to ensure proper operation.
· Coordinates with dispatch to plan the workday and determine the optimal travel route to scheduled appointments
· Always ensures the safe driving of company vehicles
· 2 – 5 years of related experience
· 18 years of age or older
· Valid driver’s license for the state of employment with a good driving record in compliance with Crystal Clean requirements
· Ability to develop and maintain positive relations with internal and external customers
· Demonstrated ability of good interpersonal and customer service techniques
· Have a general knowledge of residential and commercial HVAC systems
· Must be organized and possess good verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis and to use power tools and climb ladders
· Other duties as assigned
Knowledge of boiler and oil heating a plus
Crystal Clean reserves the right to change or modify job duties at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Needs and requirements may vary according to business necessity.