Full time - Exempt/Salary
- $1,500 Sign-on Bonus
- Housing Resources Available
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits include: Health; Dental; Vision; Life and Disability Insurance; Employer-Matching 403B; Sick/Personal/Vacation Time; Flexible Spending and Dependent Care
ASL fluency required
TLC DIVERSITY STATEMENT:
The Learning Center for the Deaf is on a journey to create an inclusive and welcoming space for people of all backgrounds. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates our TLC community members' diverse narratives. We embrace and value multiple approaches, experiences, and perspectives. TLC believes that diversity fosters innovation. We are committed to cultivating a place where everyone can feel they belong.
About Marie Philip School:
MPS enrolls nearly 200 deaf and hard of hearing students on our Framingham, MA campus in an ASL/English bilingual, bicultural educational model.
The Learning Center for the Deaf is a nationally-recognized leader of services for deaf and hard of hearing children, adults and families. To learn more, click here.
For our Mission, click here.
The School Counselor will provide individual and group counseling services to Marie Philip School students and work collaboratively with faculty and staff to address the social emotional development of students.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitate and provide individual and/or group counseling services; including social/interpersonal classes.
- Work closely with the educational department on the development and implementation of psycho-social curriculum, including building positive interpersonal relationships, managing conflicts, and anti-bias education.
- Maintain collaborative contact with families of students receiving counseling services and assist in obtaining additional services outside of school when needed.
- Available for student crises and/or conflict resolution between student peers.
- Implement anti-racist principles and practices in counseling and within social-emotional supports including sensitivity to the varied students’ multicultural identities and diverse needs.
- Engage and facilitate community collaboration; community engagement series.
- Work with other members of the Marie Philip School Clinical team to develop policies and procedures for the provision of social emotional services to students.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Licensed or working towards a Massachusetts State Licensure in Social Work, School Counselor, or Mental Health Counselor
• Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field
• Strong report writing and communication skills
• A minimum of conversational fluency in American Sign Language required, with native, or near-native ASL fluency preferred
• Written language competency
• Experience working with children in a school setting preferred
• Ability to manage conflict and maintain confidentiality
This position is open until filled.