Sign on Bonus $1,500
Housing resources can be shared
ASL proficiency required
Provide direct services to assist students, families, outside agencies and staff in the areas of vocational evaluation, transition planning, employment skills development and post secondary education planning.
SUPERVISOR: Secondary Transition Coordinator
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
**May be required to drive students and additional driving responsibilities as needed.
**Some lifting may be required when working with young students or students with special needs, however, TLC embraces and celebrates a spirit of inclusion and diversity, and reasonable accommodations and modifications will be made whenever possible. The diversity of our student population may require that some assignments have a heavier physical responsibility due to safety. If the opening for which you are applying will require more strenuous physical activity, the unique needs will be discussed at the time of interview.
*Perform other tasks as assigned by the Department Supervisor.
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
**TLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and all employees and applicants for employment are afforded equal opportunity in every area of hiring and employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, age, criminal record (inquiries only), handicap (disability), mental illness, retaliation, sexual harassment, sexual orientation, genetics, active military, and any other legally protected characteristic.
**TLC embraces and celebrates a spirit of inclusion and diversity, and reasonable accommodations and modifications will be made whenever possible.
• Master’s Degree in Deaf Education or related field
• Experience working with high school deaf and hard of hearing students in an educational setting
• Experience in transition planning and vocational assessment of deaf students.
• Experience in post-secondary educational planning
• Prior experience working with children preferred
• Ability to accept and constructively use feedback and suggestions regarding job responsibilities and performance
• Verbal and written communication skills are at sufficient level to ensure effective communication
• Interpersonal skills developed to a level which will allow smooth cooperation at all levels within the agency
• A minimum of conversational fluency in American Sign Language required, with native, or near-native ASL fluency preferred
• Ability to work effectively as part of an educational team