MISSION: The Mission of the Cost Accountant is to deliver strategic insights to leadership team regarding the organizations costs & costs drivers through the develop, maintenance and utilization of formal costing systems.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/EXPECTATIONS:
- Maintain a collaborative relationship with all business areas.
- Constructing data accumulation and formal costing systems to accurately assign costs incurred in each phase of productions.
- Create and maintain cost forecasts/budgets for the business and business units.
- Establish systems for ensuring accurate Bill of Materials (BOMs).
- Review and reconciling cost of goods sold.
- Review and reconcile WIP, Finished goods and other inventories necessary for month end closing.
- Managing/review inventory adjustments and cycle counts
- Assisting with other month-end and year-end closing procedure
- Establish and enforce accounting policies and procedures.
- Analyzing manufacturing operations, equipment availability/utilization, labor efficiencies and make recommendations for improvements.
- As part of a team evaluate and make recommendations on product pricing & product design as related to cost
- Monitor product cost variances and trouble shoot variations.
- Participate in and actively seek opportunities for continuous improvement in the accounting cycle.
- Conduct other calculations and analysis as need for decision support.
- Accurate product costing
- Accurate inventory valuations
- Accounting Policies
- Decision Support
REQUIRED SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
EDUCATION & OTHER KSA's
Bachelor's degree in accounting
2+ years exp. manufacturing cost accounting
Proficiency w/t ERP, Infor CSI preferred
Proficiency in Excel
Analytical and problem-solving skills
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.