Are you a change maker who wants to play a pivotal role in restoring vision for millions of people in low-income settings across India? Would you like to work for an organisation that is a pioneer in social impact practices?
We are seeking a highly motivated, dynamic, and self-driven candidate who would like to have a challenging and meaningful career path in Human Resources (HR) and the social sector. HR is a key focus area at our organisation and requires a proactive and dynamic approach. The candidate must be dedicated and sincere towards her/his work and should always be open to learning new things. The candidate must have in-depth subject matter knowledge, expertise, and experience. Timely and high-quality delivery of goals would be essential and will be a key performance measurement criterion. S/he will manage employee relations and grievances and ensure consistent and reliable execution of HR programs and policies. S/he will work closely with the department heads/managers on matters related to implementation of policies, managing employee relations, increasing, and measuring employee satisfaction, resolving issues related to employees, and hearing, engaging, and motivating employees. S/he will be based out of Pune/Bengaluru, India.
· You know how to work with people across departments and engage effectively across functional boundaries.
· You have a vivid vision for organisational growth. In a high growth environment, you are planning employee engagement and program and policy implementation well in advance.
· You are an effective networker and a patient listener and build a strong connect with the employees at all levels.
· You rely on data and use expertise to measure staff engagement and success of the programs and policies.
· You are fueled by listening to people and helping and serving them.
· You have a special talent for flawless implementation of programs and policies for the benefit of the employees.
· We are creating access to eyeglasses for low-income people. Clear vision creates opportunities for increased learning, work, safety, civic participation, and quality of life.
· As a social organisation, social change motivates us first. Our focus is on advancing our mission objectives - to increase functioning, productivity, and income earning potential for our low-income people by correcting impaired vision with eyeglasses.
· We are working to transform the systemic dysfunction which has failed to deliver eyeglasses - a 700-year-old technology - to approximately 55 Crore people in India in need of vision correction.
· We serve low-income people who are more than beneficiaries to us. The people we serve expect high-quality eye-screenings and eyeglasses.
· To efficiently scale, we must deliver each new unit with less cost.
· We run our operations on metrics and social impact measures. We leverage a range of processes and practices to get the work done.
· We believe in scaling our impact, not our organisation. We are a lean team of doers.
What You’ll Do
Policies and Programs:
· You will assist with the maintenance of HR processes, policies, and processes as per the organisational guidelines.
· Assist with the execution of the delivery of all HR practices and initiatives towards building employer brand.
Values and Culture:
· Be the values champion of the organisation and focus on building a strong organisational culture by encouraging adherence to organisational code of conduct and policies.
· Find ways to establish the organisation's culture so that it supports the realisation of the organisation’s goals and promotes employee satisfaction.
· Help to develop a ‘mindful’ culture to embrace and reflect change and drive high performance in a fast-paced environment.
Employee Relations, Counselling, and Communication:
· Onboard new employees to the organization and provide the support they need to get inducted into the organization.
· Address people issues across the entire employee cycle.
· Provide support and counselling to employees on all employee-related matters, including disciplinary matters, policies, benefits, and others.
· Foster a conducive working environment through employee engagement activities and proactive communication.
· Participate in investigations when employee complaints and/or concerns are brought forth.
· Keep the entire organisation updated proactively on all HR initiatives and policies.
· Assist in the implementation of employee induction plans, programs, and workshops.
· Assist in the implementation of employee engagement programs and celebrations to create a positive, ethical, collaborative, and effective work environment.
· Assist with the implementation of employee engagement programs, conduct employee satisfaction surveys, collate reports, and work on increasing employee satisfaction.
· Ensures employee participation in organisational initiatives and build an employee communication and feedback loop by conducting periodic organisation-wide meetings, one-on-one meetings, and feedback sessions.
· Implement employee offsites, workshops, and trainings to ensure positive team spirit and bonding between employees and build a culture of collaboration within and between teams and departments.
· Ensures that employees have clear understanding of their statutory obligations.
· Be the point of contact for current and former employees for the PF withdrawal and transfer processes.
· Communicate, manage, and resolve all HR statutory and compliance related queries from employees.
· Proactively communicate changes and updates in HR statutory and compliance to employees.
· Master’s Degree or MBA from a reputed institute required.
· At least 6 to 8 years of professional experience.
· Excellent communication skills in English and Hindi. Knowledge of Marathi and/or Kannada preferred.
· Willingness to travel extensively within India.
· Must meet the highest standards of ethics and personal integrity.
Compensation and Benefits
· Salary based on experience and education.
· Competitive benefits, including health insurance and generous vacation time.
· We want to know more than just what you have done. We want to know who you are. What are the passions and talents that draw you to this role?· Please submit an application, including a thoughtful cover letter and your CV/resume, to: email@example.com. Please ensure there is a short description of each organisation on your CV/resume. Include your last name and “Assistant Manager, People and Culture” in the subject line.
· Please note that only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
· Evaluation of qualified candidates will include an assessment exercise, which will be followed by a competency-based interview.
· We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.