KongBasileConsulting (KBC) is a finance and accounting firm focusing on servicing VC backed technology start-ups. Our team and clients are primarily based in the San Francisco Bay Area; however, we also service clients in Southern California, New York, Seattle, and Austin.
We are a team of hardworking professionals who desire to guide our clients in the start-up community to achieve sustainable growth and profitability. To serve this mission, we are seeking motivated and knowledgeable finance & accounting professionals, who can provide our clients with the financial information they need to make key decisions for their company’s success.
Working both remotely and from client sites, this position will report to a Senior Associate or Accounting Manager. The ideal candidate will have meaningful experience in accounting, finance and/or consulting, and have a great attitude and enthusiasm to meet goals in a high-growth organization.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintain a deep understanding of the client’s business and accounting operations
- Play an integral role in the monthly financial close process by preparing account reconciliations as well as analyzing data and preparing journal entries.
- Prepare/analyze the financial close package which (can) include financial statements and budget vs. actual analysis
- Support the day-to-day finance operations of the client; including activities such as reviewing A/P and expense reports, corresponding with vendors and contractors, assisting client employees with on/off-boarding and payroll questions
- Support the client’s operations to grow and scale by participating in automation, process enhancement and system implementation initiatives
- Assist with compliance requests from investors, banks, tax accountants, and external auditors
- Support the client and KBC team with various analyses and ad hoc projects
- Participate in training to meet KBC’s quality standards and client expectations
Please note, KongBasileConsulting does not sponsor visa applications
- 1-2 years of experience across Big 4 audit and corporate accounting environments
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in Accounting
- CPA license preferred
- Strong Excel skills and adaptability to new technology and tools
- Technical knowledge of GAAP / IFRS / SEC accounting and reporting requirements preferred
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and reconciliation skills
- Meaningful experience participating in month-end closing activities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent project management and client service skills
- Confidence and curiosity to take on new learning experiences
- Ability and desire to work independently and remotely while being a supportive team member
- Ability and desire to self-start, taking on new initiatives without being asked to do so
- Enthusiasm and ability to physically support KBC teams, clients, and events in local markets (when COVID permits)
- A “can do” attitude