KongBasileConsulting (KBC) is a finance and accounting firm focusing on servicing VC backed technology start-ups. While our team and clients are primarily based in the San Francisco Bay Area; we also service clients in Southern California, New York, Seattle, and Austin.
We are a team of hardworking professionals who desire to guide our clients in the start-up community to achieve sustainable growth and profitability. To serve this mission, we are seeking motivated and knowledgeable finance & accounting professionals, who can provide our clients with the financial information they need to make key decisions for their company’s success.
Working both remotely and from client sites, this position will report to Stan Kong and Carolyn Basile, Principals of the firm. The ideal candidate will have meaningful experience in accounting, finance and/or consulting, and have the knowledge and capabilities to build a strong accounting function and team.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintain a deep understanding of the client’s business and accounting operations
- Manage multiple client relationships and accounting teams simultaneously
- Establish and oversee the monthly financial close process by allocating team resourceappropriately
- Review the financial close package which (can) include financial statements, budget vs. actual analysis, forecast, and reporting for the Board of Directors
- Lead monthly close meetings with the client and/or participate in Board of Directors’ meetings
- Advise and apply complex accounting topics such as revenue recognition, sales tax, consolidation, and international operations
- Assist the client with financial planning & analysis by preparing forecasting and other appropriate financial models
- Oversee the accounting team to support the clients’ day-to-day finance & accounting operations
- Ensure the client’s operations scale by identifying, advising, and leading automation, process enhancement and system implementation initiatives
- Manage relationships with clients and their investors, banks, tax accountants, and external auditors
- Ensure the client is compliant with regulating and taxing authorities
- Support the client and other team members with various analyses and ad hoc projects
- Own client engagement economics by allocating resources appropriately and identifying areas to improve efficiency
- Train, develop and mentor KBC team members to meet KBC’s quality standards/client expectations and to prepare them for progression within the firm
- Develop the KBC brand in the tech community through recruiting and business development
- Participate as member of the leadership team