Track the entertainment industry’s use of animals and animal-related messaging to support PETA’s Animals in Film and Television division and its work to prevent the exploitation of animals on the big screen. This internship opening is a look into PETA’s work in Hollywood and a great fit for a communications-oriented animal advocate.
Role to take place during a typical college summer, starting at the end of May and ending by the end of August.
Dates flexible, role to take place for 10 weeks.
Minimum weekly hours: 10, maximum weekly hours: 20.
Typical business hours Mon-Fri: 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM Eastern Time / 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM Pacific Time.
Responsibilities of a Communications Advanced Intern:
• Screen trailers, TV shows, and movies in theaters and via streaming as assigned to support the campaign objectives
• Track the news, industry literature, social media, and filmmakers for use of animals or animal-related messaging in scripted film and television projects
• Conduct research relevant to the campaign objectives and relay in an organized manner via written reports
• Help with other projects and responsibilities assigned by your supervisor
• Solid organizational skills and attention to detail will help you keep everything on track while viewing films and TV shows, as well as scanning entertainment news and researching filmmakers and their projects.
• You will also need the ability to communicate clearly as a writer. Previous experience with research and note-taking is helpful for this internship!
• Internship assignments are important to keep on schedule. To deliver results for animals, applicants must have excellent time management skills.
• COVID-19 full vaccination and booster recommended
• Shh! Can you keep a secret? All the cool, confidential projects that you'll be working on while interning will be under lock and key until they're released, which means no social media updates about them. Got it?
• Naturally, you'd need to be committed to the objectives of the organization, and living a vegan lifestyle would be part of this. How else would you get excited to see a vegan character in a blockbuster movie?
• Other than having a passion for animal rights and a "go get 'em" attitude, that's it for desired qualifications. Apply now—we can't wait to meet you!
The hourly pay range for this position is $10.00 - $19.06 per hour. The ultimate hourly pay within this range that will be offered to a qualified candidate will be determined based on the candidate’s experience and the cost of living in the area in which the candidate will live and work.
A list of benefits available to qualified employees is available here.