Operate PETA’s educational chicken transport truck on an extensive nationwide tour
What to Expect:
Travel and experience new cities while helping animals. We are seeking a responsible, committed, and independent person to drive and operate PETA’s educational chicken transport truck display. You will be solely responsible for driving the truck along a set tour route, stopping in various cities and parking the truck so passersby may stop and view the display, which will teach them about the plights of chickens who are killed for food.
You should be confident and have experience with operating and parking a large vehicle and have a spotless driving record. The ideal candidate will be punctual and comfortable traveling long distances. This position requires willingness and ability to travel and you are expected to live on the road until the completion of the tour.
• Ability to travel full-time through the completion of the tour
• Experience driving large vehicles
• Willingness and ability to travel extensively via driving far distances and keep a flexible schedule
• Proven ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
• Knowledge of animal rights issues and PETA campaigns
• Prepared and able to commit to working in all weather conditions
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• COVID-19 full vaccination and booster recommended
• Must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid U.S. driver’s license, a minimum of three years of driving experience, and an excellent driving record
• Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor
• Commitment to the objectives of the organization
The hourly pay range for this position is $15.00 - $19.06 per hour. The ultimate hourly pay within this range that will be offered to a qualified candidate will be determined based on the candidate’s experience and the cost of living in the area in which the candidate will live and work.
A list of benefits available to qualified employees is available here.