Allovue believes every student deserves access to the resources they need to be successful in school. Our education resource planning software empowers K-12 administrators at every level to allocate resources to best support the needs of their students. We seek people who are creative, funny, humble, flexible, motivated, collaborative, and problem-solvers. We love and respect our team members. We also love silly GIFs.
We are only accepting applicants from the US.
As a Senior Software Developer at Allovue, you will have the important responsibility to build web applications that enable resources to be allocated equitably to K-12 students. You can contribute to our mission by:
- Prioritizing code readability over eloquence or performance
- Being passionate about learning
- Exercising discipline by writing tests, creating small Pull Requests, avoiding leaky abstractions, and cleaning up after yourself
- Making good choices on your own
- Helping our team improve in a kind, humble, flexible way
- Taking responsibility for delivering large changes in an efficient, effective way
- Collaborating with team members in all parts of the company to create the best solutions possible
- Making wise decisions about what existing tools to leverage, if any
- Generate tasks to implement approved product ideas
- Document your pull requests as a communication tool to the team, including providing QA steps for product managers and directing other engineers toward notable changes.
- Provide feedback to your team members on their pull requests, including code quality changes as well as comments and responses for the rest of the team to learn from.
- “Leave it better than you found it” – proactively refactor complex code, add documentation, and/or improve test coverage as you work in a part of our codebase.
- Contribute to our “Techy Talk Tuesdays” to spread best practices and technical knowledge
- Significant experience developing and maintaining web applications
- Relational Database/SQL expertise
- Maintained a production web application long enough to have suffered from your own bad decisions
- Experience teaching and helping other engineers
- Experience collaborating and planning with multiple types of product stakeholders
- Experience using multiple programming languages, libraries, frameworks, and tools
- Experience writing maintainable, automated tests
- Experience using Git version control system
- Experience having the primary responsibility to deliver large product features
- Experience modeling domain data to support current and anticipated functionality
- Experience investigating performance “hot spots” to determine root causes of slow performance, develop a plan for remediation, and execute on that plan.
- Phoenix Live View
- Tailwind CSS
While professional experience with Elixir is not required, we are looking for someone with hands-on experience with the language. This might include a personal side project, working through Advent of Code, or some other exercises with Elixir to explore the language.
- Experience with accounting, HR, or ERP systems
- Experience with K-12 schools
- Teacher who has switched careers
Salary Range: $118-144K