About Alumni Ventures
Alumni Ventures (AV) is a leading venture capital firm that is redefining the way individuals can invest in startups. AV has raised over $1 billion to date from thousands of everyday investors and is the #1 most active venture capital firm in the US (Pitchbook 2022). We have invested in over 1,000 portfolio companies and have won numerous awards, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies 2022 in the financial services category and Benzinga's Most Innovative Personal Investment Company 2021. With 150 employees, including 50 investment professionals, spread across Boston, Chicago, New York City, Menlo Park, Austin, and Manchester, NH, we are growing rapidly and continuously pushing the boundaries of innovation.
About This Role
AV is seeking a smart and driven analyst who’s looking to join our CEO Services team, AV’s portfolio services platform. We are the CEOs’ partners helping them grow their businesses through a portfolio of service offerings. We interact with incredible entrepreneurs every day, often face-to-face over video, or in person, learning about their vision and growth strategies, but also their pain points and personal journeys. The CEO Services team leverages our broad community of investors, experts, and university alumni to support our CEOs’ goals.
The analyst will support our team with a range of tasks from introducing CEOs to our community members, supporting marketing efforts, conducting research and analysis, and managing events.
As part of AV’s mission, the analyst will also contribute to innovation, continuous improvement, and process automation. The analyst will be integrated into our team from day one and invited to attend internal team meetings, portfolio company meetings, sector events, and much more.
The analyst position is ideal for people who are interested in venture capital but also in operations, community-building, project management, and innovation. They will have a front-row seat to the tech venture ecosystem.
- Participate in onboarding meetings with AV CEOs and facilitate effective documentation of action items
- Develop an understanding of our community (e.g. Fortune 500 executives, Expert Network, job seekers, CEOs), maintain internal databases, and identify relevant leads to help our CEOs connect with AV’s network.
- Manage the internal development of short-form CEO videos and the amplification of social media messages and events through a variety of marketing tools
- Support in-person and virtual events for CEOs, VC investors, and experts
- Initiate and contribute to process improvements related to streamlining and scaling the department’s activities
- Communicate proactively and contribute to AV’s innovative and collaborative work culture with a growth mindset and supporting departmental goals
- Bachelor's degree, preferably obtained from one of our affiliated alumni fund universities (av.vc/alumni-funds), along with a minimum of two years of internship experience.
- Proven self-starter with a demonstrated history of consistently exceeding expectations
- Analytical abilities which have been demonstrated through work and/or academic accomplishments
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Strong personal presence and effective networking skills
- Strong work ethic, ability to meet deadlines and overcome obstacles to achieve outcomes
- Multi-tasking & focus on achieving objectives
- Interest in venture capital, entrepreneurship, and innovation
- Work experience in business development, B2B sales, consulting, investing, account or wealth management, community management, customer success, or similar
- Experience within within the startup space or enterprise customer acquisition preferred
- Familiarity with data analytics platforms, no-code development, and project management tools
- Demonstrated ability to distill complex information from large datasets, spotting trends, anomalies, and opportunities that drive actionable insights
- Knowledge in project, product, and process management
AV provides equal employment opportunities to all employees, applicants for employment, interns and fellows without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family care status, religion, age, physical or mental disability, gender identity, pregnancy, veteran status, results of genetic testing, service in the military or any other legally protected class. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, social and recreational programs and training.