Reports To: National Tracking Manager
About the DCCC: The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) is the official national Democratic campaign committee charged with electing Democrats to the U. S. House of Representatives. The DCCC recruits Democratic candidates and supports Democratic campaigns – both challengers and Democratic incumbent Members – with a variety of services including field operations, fundraising support, communications assistance, research support and management consulting. In addition, the DCCC’s Independent Expenditure supports these campaigns with television, radio and other voter contact efforts. The DCCC is supported by the contributions of individuals and organizations, along with Democratic Members, from throughout the country. We look for talented and hardworking campaign professionals who are committed to fortifying and expanding our new Democratic House majority.
Position Summary: The Tracker will be responsible for filming and reporting on candidate events, media appearances, and rallies. They will share details of tracking opportunities on targeted candidates, audio and/or video record events, prepare detailed memos on topics covered at events, and promptly upload audio and/or video, as well as other research tasks when needed. Trackers will serve as experts on the races they cover, working with National Tracking Manager and Regional Research Director to identify useful footage for earned and paid media. This is a full-time position.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Searching for, cataloging, and sharing details of events/tracking opportunities;
• Confirming event details, candidate attendance, and getting technology ready for events;
• Filming or audio recording each public event;
• Preparing memos and uploading footage the same day as the event;
• Researching and filming other politically relevant events;
• Recruiting, retaining, and managing a network of volunteers, and;
• Other research tasks as needed.
• Initiative to work independently and follow through on all projects;
• Excellent time management, planning, troubleshooting and communication skills;
• Ability to perform duties under pressure and when handling confrontation
• Flexibility to travel at short notice and availability during evening and weekend hours;
• Excellent writing skills and highly detail oriented;
• A reliable car to get to and from events;
• Familiarity with video editing a plus, but not required;
• Passion for campaigning and politics and a drive to help elect Democratic candidates.
Equal Opportunity/Diversity Policy: The DCCC prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran's status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the DCCC, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a DCCC employee. The DCCC is an equal opportunity employer and will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment.
DCCC's equal opportunity policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the DCCC, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a DCCC employee, as well as opportunities for Consultants to contract with the DCCC.
The DCCC is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that makeup our country and the Democratic Party. Working towards the goal of a diverse DCCC, our policy extends to both Staff and Consultants.