NFW is a circularity platform for plastic-free performance materials. NFW follows three Ground Rules in everything we develop: start well, stay clean, end well. While nearly everything in the built world relies on some type of plastic that began as crude oil and that will become plastic pollution, we are establishing a new material reality. We believe all materials should begin and end as nutrients, ready for the next growth cycle—true circularity.
Our multi-material platform serves a wide range of industries—from fashion and footwear to automotive and upholstery. NFW technology embeds seamlessly into existing supply chains, enabling the world’s most iconic brands to design and scale products with high-performance, plastic-free materials. NFW makes global brands more sustainable, empowering them to create without plastics. Alongside the boldest brands and visionary designers, we are pioneering a naturally circular, post-oil economy.
NFW is a company of trailblazers, innovators, and bold thinkers, committed to reinventing the way things are made. We never stop learning. We are fiercely curious about the world and how to improve it for everyone. We offer competitive salary, paid vacation and sick time, flexible work-life balance, great colleagues and more!
Senior Financial Analyst
We are looking for a strong, self-starting individual to provide financial guidance, direction, and analytical support for appropriate functional areas and all corresponding departments in the plant, business unit or corporate group. Be primarily responsible for the costs and revenues which arise in their area. This position can be remote or hybrid.
• Assist FP&A (Financial Planning and Analysis) Manager and Sr Director of FP&A on revenue, price, gross margin and opex analysis across MIRUM, CLARUS, PLIANT, END WELL, TUNERA and other future business units.
• Support short-term and long-term forecasting for management, investor, and BOD purposes.
• Build and track product line P&L (profit & losses), unit economics analysis, and BU-specific KPI’s.
• Build and improve upon robust financial models to accurately forecast and plan key financial and operational metrics.
• Plan and track business unit fixed assets and capital leases including ROI (return on investment) and business development case.
• Identifies trends and developments in competitive environments and presents findings to senior management.
• Become a “subject-matter expert” within our ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning), drilling into data, compiling reports, and performing analysis on behalf of business units and finance.
• Support administration of finance forecasting tool (EPM tool)
• Own month-end close reporting and analysis packages for internal and management review
• Own Weekly Flash on Product Line revenues, volumes, costs / margins, and cash flow
• Ensure strict adherence to GAAP, CAS, and IFRS accounting standards.
• Solid understanding of cost accounting and its application in a manufacturing environment.
• Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required - Finance/Accounting or Business Management preferred.
- 7+ years of experience professional Finance and Accounting experience is required.
- Prior experience in hypergrowth VC-backed startups within a FP&A role preferred.
- Strong quantitative skills, expert problem-solving abilities, adeptness in the use of logic, and able to “fill in the blanks” in a fast-moving environment.
- Strong technical expertise including designing investor/BOD presentations and models.
- Expertise in researching and interpreting financial reports and industry research.
- Strong data governance and financial modeling skills with the ability to swiftly and accurately create systemic tools to help within the “day-to-day” tasks of reporting and/or forecasting
- Ability to adapt within a constantly changing environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequently required to talk, hear, and see.
- Frequent use of hands to grasp, handle, or feel.
- Regular standing, walking, sitting, and reaching.
- Occasionally lift up to 10 pounds.
- Primarily operates in office and manufacturing environments.
- Some of the work is performed in a shop environment where it may be loud, dusty, hot, or cold.
- Occasionally required to use personal protective equipment.
- Light travel for work when required.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The Company is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive team in which members of all backgrounds can contribute and thrive. In compliance with state and federal law, the Company does not discriminate in employment or administration of its programs and policies based on race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, or military service. Our policy reflects and affirms the Company’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all unlawful discriminatory practices.