XPERTECHS is a managed IT services, cloud solutions and consulting firm ranked among the top 200 IT Managed Service Providers in North America.
Our team maintains the highest levels of industry certification in all aspects of business-related IT and operates a full network support and operations center. We specialize is solving complex IT design and infrastructure issues while maintaining a “trusted advisor” relationship with our clients.
We're doing well, and we're growing - and now looking to add another great person to our (already awesome) team.
The core purpose of the Procurement and Operations Support Specialist is to establish, coordinate and maintain key relationships with our suppliers while negotiating favorable pricing on the products and services we purchase. In support of the technical teams this person will provide timely and accurate information to both internal and external stakeholders that supports our commitment to service excellence.
Procurement Job Duties
- Establishing and maintain key vendor relationships. Obtain vendor quotes, review, and negotiate.
- Place and manage all equipment purchases, receiving materials, creating configurations in CW, and promptly making equipment available to assigned resources.
- Develop consistent hardware options for clients based on their needs/requests, while working with multiple manufacturers to remain manufacturer agnostic.
- Buying power - challenge the current strategies and look for opportunities to reduce costs, decrease risk and/or improve reliability and profitability.
- Provide timely and accurate updates to leadership.
- Take initiative to further optimize internal processes.
- Coordinate software volume licensing & review license requirements for new deployments.
- Create purchase orders in ConnectWise and verify pricing is accurate prior to receiving.
- Maintain physical inventory for both internal and external stakeholders. Establish par levels for inventories and re-order as necessary to maintain ample stock.
- Handle all Shipping and receiving.
- Establish and maintain key vendor relationships, as well as become the single point of contact for outside vendors.
Operations Support Specialist Job Duties
- Internal Sales process from writing proposals and sending for signature to creating opportunity & sales order in ConnectWise.
- Interact & coordinate with technical team members from all departments within the company to offer support & best customer experience possible.
- In conjunction with vCIO, work with clients to understand their future needs, timing, and budgets and proactively make recommendations that support those needs.
- Manage client warranty/support/license renewals.
- Clients use hardware & software products. The Operations Support Specialist needs to have a working knowledge of the products and services we provide and support for our clients. A proposal includes a detailed listing of items along with costs. Costs change over time so budget these items in advanced using best estimates. Be sure to build in markup to match approved profit margins.
- Create monthly reporting for license and warranty renewals, Inventory reports, sales volume by supplier and Datto Monthly consumption report.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: This position requires a minimum of an Associate’s Degree (with a Bachelor’s degree preferred); at least 2 years in purchasing and business operations experience at a small or mid-sized business; or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience. Must be able to effectively communicate in specific terms about technologies used by our clients, including Windows Server, Microsoft Exchange Server, HP Servers, Router/Switches, Firewall Appliances, VoIP and IP environment, and CAT5e/CAT6 Infrastructures.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: The Procurement and Operations Support Specialist must have a strong aptitude in purchasing. Must have general knowledge of hardware, software, remote backup, desktop optimization and cloud services. This individual must be detail oriented.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with and present information to others and access information using a computer for several hours at a time. Employees must have mobility throughout the office and may occasionally drive or ride up to 30 miles to other service locations.
- Emotional Demands: The employee must be emotionally mature and be able to handle difficult and complex client and work-related situations. Candidates must possess strong problem solving, conflict resolution, and interpersonal skills. They must be self-driven and possess a positive mental attitude.
- Client/Relationship Management: The Procurement & Operations Support Specialist establishes and builds relationships with clients. Applies knowledge to the business and provides personalized, value-added service. Demonstrates willingness to meet or exceed needs of clients by pursuing improved courses of action; delivers products and services that best serve client needs; uses client feedback as a basis for improving service and performs necessary follow-up work without being prompted.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: The Procurement & Operations Support Specialist creates commitment to common goals; identifies competing interests and finds ways to balance them; values contributions of all team members and other constituencies; values team accomplishments over individual accomplishments; leverages others’ strengths and experiences to achieve team goals; co-operates with colleagues and shares resources.
- Intellectual Demands: Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential, as well as effective organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills. Candidates must be able to read, analyze, and interpret general industry periodicals, technical procedures and governmental regulations. They must be able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. They must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, vendors, and employees.
All job requirements are subject to possible modifications. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities to perform this job successfully; the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment is on an “at-will” basis.
Employee must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: (a) can get along with other co-workers or peers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; (b) perform work activities requiring negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading or speaking to others; and (c) respond appropriately to constructive criticism from a supervisor.
Working at XPERTECHS
In between our efforts, triumphs, and dedication to our clients, comes a fast-paced, team-oriented and friendly family culture that helps drive the success of our organization. An open concept office and huddle “style” meetings help create a casual and collaborative atmosphere. Neckties are cut loose on day one to help emphasize our unique philosophy. Staying fast, efficient, and flawless is our competitive edge. Our team-first approach extends far beyond typical business hours. XPERTECHS runs multiple social events throughout the year and supports both employees and their families. We relax with trips to the ballpark, annual company outings, and frequently catered lunches! A team that plays together wins together.