Do you have what it takes to keep up with one of the fastest-growing companies in America? If you work hard, play hard and your tail’s always wagging, there may be a place for you at the most innovative name in pet insurance – Petplan! Our headquarters are buzzing with talented professionals – and their pets! – who are helping Petplan turn the pet insurance industry on its tail. We’re looking for candidates who can balance the wisdom that comes from solid work experience with the passion to push the limits and always take a fresh approach.
We love people who come to work to create, collaborate and contribute – and have fun doing it! In spite of our explosive growth, we’ve maintained our entrepreneurial spirit, which means we work as a team, celebrate each other’s achievements and give it all we’ve got, every day.
- Work directly with Infrastructure Manager and external vendors on key projects, to include:
- Migrating internal phone system to the cloud
- Replacing RDS thin client software with Google Chromebooks
- Migrating Windows file shares to Google Team drives
- Managing cyber security initiatives
- Additional ongoing projects as needed
- Manage server patching schedule and deploy patches as needed
- Assist with GCP infrastructure and Cloud IAM management
- Work with managed service provider to support on-premise infrastructure
- Monitor infrastructure using tools like Datadog
- Assist with infrastructure-related helpdesk escalations as needed
- Work on multiple concurrent projects and execute on schedule
- Leverage IT best practices
- Possible on-call requirements (to supply deployments)
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Science/Technology or similar IT-related field
- 5 years of experience in infrastructure role
- Google Cloud certification (Associate Cloud Engineer) preferred, but not required
- Strong documentation skills
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including: Windows 10, Mac OSX, ChromeOS, Windows Server 2012, 2012 R2, 2016, Linux
- Experience supporting on-premise and cloud infrastructure (GCP)
- Experience troubleshooting network/infrastructure incidents
- Experience deploying and configuring Windows Servers (Linux is a plus)
- Solid understanding of Cyber Security best practices
- Experience with on-premise and cloud-based VoIP systems
- Ability to apply initiative and judgment to define and perform tasks, sometimes complex, and sees the bigger picture
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Excellent team player; proven ability to apply innovative ideas and critical thinking
- Able to anticipate needs, innovate and flourish in a high volume, fast paced environment
The position is full time and employees receive competitive compensation. Other perks for the Petplan team include health, dental, matching 401k, paid vacation, pet insurance and lots (and we mean LOTS) of food!
At Petplan, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Petplan is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.