Who We Are
We are Skybound.
We love creators. We love fans. We love thrilling games, indelible images and moving stories. Our roots are in comics, but our brands extend to video games, television, movies, merchandise, and live experiences. We take pride in original tales, rich characters, and diverse voices.
From well-known franchises to freshly-minted originals, we offer the chance to join brilliant creators shaping a new generation of entertainment in a concentrated, agile environment where every perspective matters, and any idea can create a breakthrough.
Skybound is looking for an owner-minded Senior Marketing Manager to pilot promotional efforts on a new slate of games. As Senior Marketing Manager, you will work from the earliest stages of development, using research to identify player communities, contribute to product definition and feature set, and define product vision and positioning. Throughout production, you will serve as a critical stakeholder, representing the customer at all times, and engineering your own success by providing input into development investments, feature priorities and quality standards.
As Senior Marketing Manager, you will leverage insights to build a go-to-market strategy which you lead a team to execute. You’ll inform the initial bedrock of game investments via the product P&L, bringing to bear strong genre sensibilities and a broad knowledge of previous titles and player communities. You’ll collaborate across Skybound to create and implement a game launch and player communication strategy spanning community, digital storefronts, influencers, content creation, social channels, events and trade shows, paid media and PR.
Reports: This position will report to Skybound’s VP of Games Marketing
Responsibilities: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Inform green light decisions by building a product P&L and investment recommendation informed by player communities, market analysis, and your own sensibilities
- Work directly with development partners on product definition and player fit
- Leverage customer and competitive insights to create and validate product positioning, genre values, customer segmentation and critical features
- Own the go-to-market road map, integrating plans from every promotional vertical, including PR, social, digital storefronts, paid media, influencers, CRM, content, loyalty programs, trade shows and other channels
- Work with internal and external creative, media and digital agencies to manage brand identity, producing key art, slogans, screenshots, trailers, websites and other creative assets
- Capture post-launch sentiment and provide customer priorities for live service product updates
- Manage ongoing product marketing needs and promotions for catalog titles
- Build your team; contribute to org design, role definitions and hiring priorities for reporting and supporting roles
- Find players wherever they are (on websites, Reddit, Discord, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram…), and work with our community teams to support them
- Manage and report on marketing KPI's for your games to identify opportunities and challenges
- Represent marketing initiatives with senior leadership; help guide corporate strategies
- 5+ years of experience in consumer and product marketing, preferably in games
- Track record for launching and sustaining digital products or services
- Results-oriented, with an understanding of how to apply ROI and KPI’s for marketing campaigns
- Skilled in data analysis and reporting, particularly for launch marketing campaigns
- Strong product management experience, with understanding of live service product life cycles
- Excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple assignments at once
- Polished professional who is comfortable serving as the main contact for executives, internal stakeholders, partners, and third-party agencies
- Self-starter and strong team player who can work independently and responsibly
- Strong spoken/written communicator with the ability to develop creative, clear, and concise storytelling for a variety of audiences
- Deep passion for Skybound IP, including Invincible and The Walking Dead
- Game industry experience as a professional and a player
- Deep experience building and serving gamer communities
- Owner mindset, results orientation, generous with feedback and coaching
- Prior experience as the go-to-market lead on a successful game title
- Just as quirky and passionate about gaming and Skybound as we are!
Job Type: Regular, Full-Time
Salary Range: $120,000 - $170,000
- Actual base salary is dependent on several factors including but not limited to; market dynamics, location and region, experience, specialized skills/training (education), level of responsibility, budgetary considerations, tenure at the company (for current employees), etc.
- The salary range listed is just one component of the total compensation package for employees.
- Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each role.
Skybound offers a wide array of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending and dependent care accounts, as well as free counseling through our Employee Assistance Program (EAP). We also offer a 401K plan with 4% match, 12 weeks of paid parental leave, generous time off, wellness benefits, and tuition reimbursement.
Skybound is a multiplatform content company working closely with creators and their intellectual properties, extending stories and universes to new platforms, including comics, television, film, tabletop and video games, books, digital content, events, and beyond. We are home to critically-acclaimed global franchises, including The Walking Dead and Invincible.
Skybound Games produces, publishes and distributes video and tabletop games across all genres, including the multi-million-unit selling The Walking Dead video game series. In addition to our wholly-owned franchises, we work with independent developers to foster and create original games with compelling characters and worlds, strong creator and artistic focus, and innovative approaches to engaging genres.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Skybound we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! Skybound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, hair texture or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Skybound complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination.
Skybound will consider applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the CA Fair Chance Act and Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.