Do you have what it takes to keep up with one of the fastest-growing companies in America? If you work hard, play hard and your tail’s always wagging, there may be a place for you at the most innovative name in pet insurance – Petplan!
Our headquarters are buzzing with talented professionals – and their pets! – who are helping Petplan turn the pet insurance industry on its tail. We’re looking for candidates who can balance the wisdom that comes from solid work experience with the passion to push the limits and always take a fresh approach.
We love people who come to work to create, collaborate and contribute – and have fun doing it! In spite of our explosive growth, we’ve maintained our entrepreneurial spirit, which means we work as a team, celebrate each other’s achievements and give it all we’ve got, every day.
• Lead testing for a portfolio of mission critical initiatives as part of the QA organization
• Collaborate with internal and external business partners to ensure delivery of high quality product
• Provide guidance and direction to offshore QA teams
• Prepare, review and execute test plan, test conditions, test cases and test scripts
• Create and communicate test status reports
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or related field
• 5-7 years of experience in a QA role, including hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
• 2+ years of experience leading matrix-ed testing teams (both on and off-shore) that support the delivery of key technology initiatives
• A passion for technology and delivering outstanding business solutions that “wow”
• Experience leading offshore QA team. In this role the QA Lead will be responsible for ensuring that the products and services delivered meet or exceed quality expectations.
• Experience leading end-to-end QA for projects as an individual contributor
• Ability to collaborate effectively with other disciplines including business analysts, technical leads, senior level managers and project managers
• Providing continuous review and recommendations for improvement of processes related to status reporting/dash-boarding and QA
• Strong Manual testing proficiency using Quality Engineering testing techniques, methodologies and best practices leveraging any test management tools
• Proven experience and understanding of all phases of the development life-cycle including scoping, design, construction, integration and testing
• Experience with both Waterfall and Agile/Scrum methodologies
• Wide range of experience with testing, to include SIT, UAT, performance, smoke, post-deployment.
• Property & Casualty insurance experience preferred, but not required
• Experience with JIRA and/or HP Quality Center (ALM) a plus
• Ability to apply initiative and judgment to define and perform tasks, sometimes complex, and sees the bigger picture
• Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
• Excellent team player; proven ability to apply innovative ideas and critical thinking
• Able to anticipate needs, innovate and flourish in a high volume, fast paced environment
The position is full time and employees receive competitive compensation. Other perks for the Petplan team include health, dental, matching 401k, paid vacation, pet insurance and lots (and we mean LOTS) of food!
At Petplan, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Petplan is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.