The objective of the Environmental Coordinator is to provide coordination and support in the implementation and maintenance of the Optimus Environmental Management System (EMS) compliance activities throughout all departments within the Mill and ensure the continuous improvement of environmental awareness for employees and contractors. Assist with meeting environmental key performance indicators and environmental projects that support the company vision, core values, business case, environmental policy, and environmental conformance rating (ECR). This is accomplished by working closely with the Environmental Manager and other department superintendents to coordinate all environmental matters, based on knowledge of environmental regulations, and counsel of the Environmental Manager.
Minimum Basic Requirements for Skills, Experience and Credentials include:
1) Basic understanding of environmental regulations and laws
2) Basic skills with MS excel, word, PowerPoint, outlook, willingness to learn new company software and hardware for environmental monitoring and reporting.
3) Adapt or comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
4) Self-starter, driven and able to work with limited direction with target deadlines.
5) Critical thinking and decision-making skills coupled with strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
6) Communicates clearly both verbally and in writing.