Globie’s main tasks are to energetically interact with guests while wearing the Globie mascot costume. Must also be able to perform in a timely fashion according to script and improvisation.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Perform as team mascot at all HGI functions as assigned
• Perform air character routine at all games
• Create and perform skits in show (with producer approval)
• Maintain all mascot props and costumes
• Load and unload equipment
• Duties as assigned by HGI office
• Core competencies: Strong Work Ethic. Integrity and Individual Accountability. Friendly. Energetic and Enthusiastic.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Ability to influence guest behavior
• Detail oriented with ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize tasks
• Self-disciplined with strong work ethic
• Exceptional customer service focus
• Fast learner and team player with a positive attitude
• Flexibility to work long hours, weekends, and holidays as needed during the tour
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Free Admission - Free admission to Harlem Globetrotter live events and discounted admissions to Herschend Enterprises’ attractions and resorts across the US for you and your dependents.
- Exclusive Admission Discounts - Complimentary tickets for loved ones.
- Free Tuition - Earn your degree, debt-free. 100% free tuition starting day one of employment! Learn More About Grow U
- Leadership Training - We promote from within whenever possible and offer training programs to those with a desire to learn, grow and embody our mission and values.
- Competitive Wages
- 401K - 401(k) Retirement plans are available.
- Paid Life Insurance - Life insurance and short-term disability benefits for full-time, year-round employees and dependents.
- Paid Time Off - Holiday, vacation, sick, and flex pay for full-time, year-round employees.
- Survivor's Income Benefit - Upon employee's death, company will pay 12 weeks of their base pay to their beneficiary to cover the immediate needs of the family. Available to all employees on their first day of work.
- Adoption Reimbursement Assistance - Employees can submit reimbursement expenses of up to $3,000 per adoption
- Recognition Programs - We recognize the contributions of employees at all levels of achievement through formal and informal reward & recognition programs and financial incentives. Bonus Plans are available to those who qualify.
HEALTH & WELLNESS
- Health Insurance - Affordable health plan options (co-pay, FSA) available to all full-time, seasonal and year-round employees.
- Added Medical Benefits - Dental, vision, and voluntary long-term disability, voluntary & dependent life insurance, critical illness & accident insurance to all full-time, seasonal and year-round employees.
- Company-Paid Benefits - For full-time, seasonal and year-round employees, the company offers paid life insurance for employees and their dependents and short-term disability for employees.
- MetLife Employee Assistance - All employees are eligible for free & discounted wellbeing services including counseling, work, legal and financial assistance.