FLSA Status: Full Time, Exempt
Safe Shores – The D.C. Children’s Advocacy Center is an organization striving for excellence as a service provider and as a workplace. Safe Shores values respect, honesty, trustworthiness, professionalism, growth and learning, taking care to give care, innovation, teamwork and collaboration.
We are seeking a highly skilled, experienced, respected and resourceful administrative professional who can work well as a member of our team and is passionate about developing and implementing innovative, effective solutions to help children and families heal.
The Operations Coordinator is responsible for coordinating various administrative tasks and functions to ensure efficient organizational operations. Tasks include, but are not limited to, human resources, vendor and facility contracts and relationships, and coordinating events. As a member of the administrative team, this position is also responsible for providing support to special projects. This position is a mandated reporter for child abuse and neglect under District of Columbia Statute §4-1321.02.
Areas of Primary Duty
- Responsible for day-to-day office coordination.
- Serve as primary point of contact for managing facilities and vendor relations and assisting with contract negotiations.
- Monitors and coordinates the receipt of incoming and outgoing mail, packages, and deliveries for organization.
- Assist with confidential administrative management of human resources, including payroll processing, employee benefits, scheduling and coordinating interview candidates, maintaining confidential personnel records and coordinating new staff onboarding process.
- Assist with updating and recommending employee internal policies and procedures.
- Assist with project development and planning to ensure more efficient service and office organization.
- Facilitate Emergency Evacuation plan and practice drills.
- Serve as liaison to vendors and contractors.
- Plan and coordinate logistics for internal and external events.
- Serve as backup telephone coverage and floor monitor for the reception desk.
- Running errands and performing miscellaneous job-related duties as needed.
Other Areas of Responsibility May Include but not limited to
- Responds to and assists in resolving a variety of internal and external inquiries.
- Participates in special projects and seasonal drives.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior office work environment.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree required; at least 6 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that is above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Superior verbal communication, interpersonal and organizational skills. Is self-motivated, resourceful, energetic and has a positive attitude.
- Proven ability of working cooperatively and effectively with various programs, personalities and professions internally and externally.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must have strong critical thinking skills, ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision and to make decisions regarding areas that are under direct management.
- Sound judgment, strong ethics, and unwavering integrity.
- Strong technological skillset with equipment hardware and software applications.
- Must be proficient in MS Office 365, and be a quick study on new computer programs.
- Knowledge of office management principles and procedures.
- Experience with vendor relations and contract and project management.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
- Knowledge of current and emerging trends in technologies, techniques, issues, and approaches in area of expertise.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting and budgeting procedures.
- Experience with general human resources, benefits administration, processing payroll, personnel record keeping and familiarity with an HRIS.
- Must be a team player and have outstanding writing, editing, data entry, and proofreading skills.
- Event planning experience
- Experience with setting up and troubleshooting office technology – VOIP, computer hardware/software systems and programs.
- Experience working with vendors and contract negotiations.
Candidates must submit all of the following information to be considered for the position:
1. Cover letter with salary requirements
3. Three professional references (for each include: name, current title, address, phone number and email)
Equal Opportunity Employer
Safe Shores is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.