Sertoma is currently seeking Full-Time Direct Support Professionals ( DSP ) for our Residential Care Program, Day Program and ECF Program.
- Pay starts at $14.00 per hour with shift differentials where applicable.
- $1,000 New Hire Bonus.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance for full-time employees
- 401(k) retirement with up to 5% company match for full-time employees after 1 year of employment
- Generous personal paid time off for employees working 30-40 hours per week
- Advancement opportunities.
- All job-training provided by Sertoma at no cost to employee
Direct Support Professional ( DSP ) Job Summary:
The Direct Support Professional performs a variety of tasks, similar to that of a caregiver, in order to assist people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, better known as our persons served population. As a Direct Support Professional, or DSP, you will aid our persons served by providing them with compassionate care, encouragement and instruction throughout their day-to-day life.
Direct Support Professional ( DSP ) Job Responsibilities:
- Performs personal and health care related tasks with persons served such as basic personal hygiene and grooming, feeding, ambulation, medical monitoring, etc.
- Handles and documents confidential information
- Ensures persons served safety by maintaining a safe environment
- Fosters a positive relationship between caregiver and person served
- Accompanies persons served to scheduled appointments
Direct Support Professional ( DSP ) Qualifications / Skills:
- Communication (verbal and written)
- Flexibility through adapting to an ever-changing work environment
- Leadership capabilities
- Capable of handling certain physical aspects such as bending, lifting and standing
Direct Support Professional ( DSP ) Employment Requirements:
- No prior DSP or caregiving experience needed
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 5 years of verifiable work history
- 3 years clean driving history with a valid Tennessee driver’s license
Sertoma Center, Inc. is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic.
We participate in E-Verify
We participate in the Tennessee Drug-Free Workplace Program