The Maintenance Mechanic position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
1. Install, assemble and test new machines and equipment, and inspect machines regularly for signs of malfunctions, including visual inspections, listening for irregular noises and conducting scheduled testing as appropriate.
2. Schedule and perform routine preventative maintenance and service for each piece of equipment.
3. Perform various types of equipment and building repairs using skills that include thorough mechanical knowledge, and basic electrical, plumbing, carpentry and hydraulic skills.
4. Use a variety of power and hand tools to perform job functions.
5. Maintain machinery and the adjacent workplace in a state of appropriate cleanliness
6. Read and comply with work orders concerning service, modification or installation of machinery.
7. Perform other assigned tasks as directed by management
8. Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
Working Relationships: Works closely with Quality and other production employees
Qualifications and Experience: Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
Skills & Abilities:
• Able to do repetitive lifting up to 50 lbs
• Good communication skills
• Must be able to handle multiple priorities
• Safe work attitude
• Team oriented
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.