F&S Produce Company, Inc. is centrally located in Southern New Jersey enabling access to an estimated 100 million consumers. Our two facilities consist of over 650,000 square feet of refrigerated and ambient production space and process over 150 million pounds of produce annually for our retail, food service, and industrial customers across the United States.
For the past 40 years, we’ve been perfecting our production and safety processes to become the finest-quality provider of fresh-cut fruits and vegetables, fresh foods, and frozen commodities in the Eastern United States. As a leader and innovator within the industry, we’ve delivered these principles to everything from restaurants and convenience store chains to supermarket prepared food operations, and numerous other high-volume food industries.
F&S Produce Company has cultivated a tradition of success through dedication and innovation.
The Sanitation Technician is responsible for the effective cleaning and maintaining of the entire processing, packaging, and warehouse areas in compliance with Federal, State, and Company policies and procedures.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
• Clean plant equipment and common areas as needed using chemicals such as soap, bleach, and other sanitizing chemicals in a safe and efficient manner
• Mixes cleaning chemicals and dilutes chemicals to specified concentrations according to specifications
• Spray, scrub, and rinse machines, tanks, conveyors, and other plant equipment with water to loosen and remove foreign materials
• Utilizes equipment such as high pressure hoses, etc. to sanitize equipment
• Operate forklift or hand jack to transport materials into plant as necessary
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• 6 months experience in a food manufacturing environment
• Good math skills including knowledge of liquid measures
• Ability to work evening hours (third shift)
• Knowledge of various chemicals used in the sanitation process
• Ability to operate equipment such as high pressure hoses, etc.
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize
• Must be able to work in a climate that varies in temperature including working outdoors in all weather conditions
• Bilingual skills (Eng/Spanish) preferred
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK 3RD SHIFT.