Hammer Packaging celebrates over 100 years of package decorating excellence. Since its founding in 1912, our company has grown to over 500 employees by evolving into new markets and expanding capabilities. Today, Hammer Packaging continues to thrive as an industry leader, consistently named one of the Top-100 privately held companies in Rochester, and continually rising among the Top400 printers in North America. With the right people, outstanding service, and leading-edge technology, The Hammer team is more committed than ever to leading, not following, the packaging printing industry. For more information, visit https://www.hammerpackaging.com.
- Install, repair, rebuild and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment used in production and related services, maximizing production time and minimizing down time.
- Diagnose machine malfunctions and operating difficulties.
- Make repairs or adjustments to keep equipment in production.
- Rebuild machines and overhaul troublesome components and attachments to involve dismantling, inspection, machining or replacement of purchased parts.
- Perform various activities relative to the installation and relocation of existing machines and equipment to involve dismantling, erection, leveling, fitting, and aligning operations.
- Perform maintenance on the buildings, facilities and the grounds.
- Assist to determine the nature and scope of forthcoming projects and the requirements for completion. Complete assigned projects as directed.
- Perform all assigned preventive maintenance on production equipment and machinery, and the building and grounds.
- Maintain technical competency and remain current in technology and changes in the industry.
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records, documents, etc.
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations.
High School or GED
2+ years of related experience
Problem Solving, Communication (verbal/written), basic math to include %, circumference and volume. Ability to read diagrams, operate small hand/power tools, measuring devices.