Build your Career with an Industry Leader
Hammer Packaging, A Fort Dearborn Company is a leader in printed labels for the consumer products industry. Join Hammer Packaging and you will have the opportunity to become part of an organization that is committed to excellence and industry leadership for almost 100 years.
- Coordinate activities to maximize the quality and efficiency of make-ready, runs, wash-ups, maintenance, and general work.
- Review of job bag for changes, special instructions, and cylinder size.
- Assist the pressperson in the monitoring, upkeep and changing of doctor blades.
- Plate mounting-ability, verification of plates, registration and unwind position prior to placement in press.
- Assist the pressperson as required in the set-up and verify correct plate and die registration, unwind position, size/height/width during make ready.
- Assist the pressperson, as required, in evaluating and adjust color during make ready to achieve the targeted color.
- Assist the pressperson, as required, in proofreading the job, making any adjustments or fixes.
- Assist the pressperson, as required, in the completion of roll tags, feed slips, and identification of partial rolls.
- Evaluate and adjust the machine to achieve size and good alignment on the rolls.
- Cut and Stack functions: collection (sort good unmixed product), count accuracy, packing per job specifications.
- Assist the pressperson, as required, in working with ServiceNet Rep or Account Executive
- Monitor/detect irregular cutting and/or winding and maintain proper tension.
- Log in/out and enter job codes into Radius/Vision (shift quantities on slitter).
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Skills: Color Awareness, Math Aptitude, Literate, Communication, Interpersonal, Problem Solving.
Hours: Rotating Shift Schedule
- 1st- 6am-2pm
- 2nd- 2pm-10pm
- 3rd- 10pm-6am
Pay: Ranges $15.50 per hour to $18 per hour (dependent on experience and shift)
Fort Dearborn offers a competitive wage and generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance and 401(k).
Must be available to rotate all shifts (1st, 2nd, 3rd) and ability to work overtime when needed.
Hammer Packaging, A Fort Dearborn Company welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Hammer Packaging is an equal opportunity employer.