We are currently seeking Production Associates to join our dynamic Operations Team. At CORMETECH our Production Associates are passionate about ensuring operational goals are achieved by working in a team setting by operating production equipment in an automated advanced manufacturing environment. Your primary role will be to operate equipment using problem solving and decision-making techniques that will produce products that meet quality standards.
Who We Are:
At the heart of clean air, Cormetech is the global leader in the design, manufacture, and full lifecycle management of technologies that clean the air pollutants and carbon dioxide linked to climate change.
The company’s reputation is built on three decades of developing and delivering market-leading selective catalytic reduction (SCR) catalysts and CO2 adsorbers, the building blocks of emissions control and CO2 capture systems.
If you are looking to make a difference in the world you have found the right place. Join us as we continue to fight climate change.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Assemble material and operate equipment within specification safely and efficiently.
- Measure and assemble materials apply chemicals and transport materials within specifications and with precision.
- Verify solutions, materials, and finished product criteria are within specifications prior to using or releasing.
- Use care and attention to detail while working with raw materials and finished product to ensure product is not damaged and is properly handled.
- Operate equipment within safety guidelines and specifications required for the task being performed.
- Maintain process specifications and inspect product for quality.
- Record process data and information accurately and appropriately.
- Make appropriate decisions based on data and information gathered in the process.
- Communicate issues with product, processes and data to supervisor and/or manager in a timely manner.
- Other essential duties may include the following depending on position:
- Place raw materials into a mixer
- Place batches into the cone feeder using crane.
- Scrape screens, operate pre-extruder, extruder, and Wet Log Automation System.
- Change and troubleshoot dies to ensure quality specifications are met.
- Prepare dry honeycomb catalysts for chemical activation
- Prepare chemical mix for activation process
- Cut elements to specifications using manual saw.
- Build arrays by cementing catalysts into specifications and install in modules.
- Build modules, canisters, and set ups.
- Operate a forklift in a safe manner.
- Operate an overhead crane in a safe manner.
- Must be able to work on assigned shifts, 8,10, or 12 hours.
- Make recommendations to change/modify procedures and quality control standards and in development/modification of equipment and gauges to facilitate work and maintain testing and inspection efficiency and effectiveness.
- When scheduled serves as a Remote Station Attendant to monitor and document safe Boiler operations per the “Systems Operation Manual” of the Boiler Variance.
- Other duties as assigned
- Special projects as assigned
- Ability to work efficiently, independently, and cooperatively on a team.
- Basic computer skills as required to record hours, read outputs, record information in the systems, and read and respond to e-mail.
- Ability to arrive on time for work and maintain good attendance record.
- Good basic math and written communication skills.
- Ability to measure and compare information and make sound judgements.
- Good communication skills with the ability to keep others informed.
- Strong ability to comprehend and follow safety rules and protocols.
- Annual Training on the Boiler Variance Procedures.
What Knowledge and Skills We Prefer:
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record required for some positions.
- Manufacturing, plant, or assembly work
- Forklift experience
The Working Conditions:
- Mechanical noise
- Dusty and dirty work environment due to materials and raw materials
- Varying temperatures from warm to cold.
The Physical Requirements:
- Ability to lift push, pull, and carry 25 pounds frequently.
- Ability to lift, push, pull, and carry 50 pounds occasionally.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Walking, stooping, bending, crouching, twisting, climbing, and kneeling.
- 12-hour, 2-2-3 rotation schedule, including, days, nights, and every other weekend
As a team member at CORMETECH you’ll enjoy:
Benefits are provided on the first day of hire. These benefits include medical, dental, and vision. CORMETECH also provides several company paid benefits, such as basic life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability.
We offer a generous PTO package, a company match on our 401(k), and a quarterly bonus plan.
Cormetech is located in Charlotte, North Carolina, Durham North Carolina, Kings Mountain North Carolina, and Cleveland Tennessee. This position will be based out of our Cleveland, Tennessee location. This position will be in-person.
We look forward to receiving your application and seeing if we are a good fit for each other!
Cormetech, Inc.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The success of Cormetech depends upon attracting, retaining, developing, and promoting the most qualified people regardless of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran’s status.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.