F&S Produce Company, Inc. is centrally located in Southern New Jersey enabling access to an estimated 100 million consumers. Our two facilities consist of over 650,000 square feet of refrigerated and ambient production space and process over 150 million pounds of produce annually for our retail, food service, and industrial customers across the United States.
For the past 40 years, we’ve been perfecting our production and safety processes to become the finest-quality provider of fresh-cut fruits and vegetables, fresh foods, and frozen commodities in the Eastern United States. As a leader and innovator within the industry, we’ve delivered these principles to everything from restaurants and convenience store chains to supermarket prepared food operations, and numerous other high-volume food industries.
F&S Produce Company has cultivated a tradition of success through dedication and innovation. Employee development is key to our future growth plans. We are looking to expand our team. Come join the employer of choice in Vineland, NJ.
Production Associates work in a variety of food processing areas and may be involved in cutting or packing fresh products that ship ready to eat to our customers. You may operate equipment, perform a variety of production and packaging functions or finished products.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
• Clean and wash raw materials, tools, or containers in appropriate solution for use in production
• Place cleaned raw material on prep table or conveyor for cutting
• Other duties as assigned
• Cuts raw materials and separates cutting waste according to specifications
• Inspects cuts for conformance with specifications
• Places cut produce on conveyor for packaging
• Dips product into appropriate chemical solution (i.e. antioxidant)
• Places produce into appropriate tray/container
• Examines filled tray/container for completeness and appearance
• Weigh loose or packaged produce for weight conformance
• Replenish packaging supplies such as boxes, tape, plastic sheets, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to stand, bend, lift, and walk for long periods of time
• Ability to be flexible and work varying hours
• Commitment to safety and quality required
• Ability to rotate through various positions on the line – cutting, packaging, inspecting, etc.