Primary Function: To operate the 120 ton EOT Crane. Coordinate between Scrap Yard and Furnace, charges furnace with scrap and fills alloy hoppers.
- Hook scrap buckets and transport to the furnace
- Empty scrap bucket into the furnace
- transport various materials over the melt floor
- remove old and position new electrodes
- remove excess scrap from furnace with Crane.
- add refractory materials to the furnace
- Assist maintenance personnel in the repair of the crane
- Checks overall working condition of the crane and fills out check-off sheet
- Operates crane in accordance to plant safety procedures and established practices
- Coordinate the moving of the crane with the affected crews to avoid delays or production problems.
- Fill alloy hoppers
- Coordinates between the Scrap and Furnace crew to meet the requirement for the melting process
- Operates the remote control for the scrap car to position the scrap bucket for use
Tools & Equipment: 90 Ton EOT Crane, remote scrap cars, hooks, scrap buckets, chains, cables, additive skips.
Materials: scrap, furnace material, electrodes, alloys, refractory materials, maintenance equipment.