BlueWave Solar is a B Corporation on a mission to revolutionize energy with simple, powerful solar solutions. Our team of experts is intensely focused on developing, constructing and managing community solar projects, and forging efficient client relationships that enable customers to participate in these projects. We are constantly innovating to keep pace with the evolving energy industry, and that spirit of innovation drives our company’s dynamic culture.
Inclusion at BlueWave:
As a mission-driven B Corp, as environmentalists, and as humans, we hold ourselves accountable to creating a workforce that celebrates diversity on our team and within our communities. Our inclusive culture and core values inspire us to develop more innovative, bolder solutions to support our customers and partners in the solar industry. When you join BlueWave, you join a collaborative team doing all that we can to be transparent, sustainable, and inclusive as we fight for our shared vision of protecting the planet.
We are looking for an organized, strategic, experienced, effective leader to serve as Head of Solar Development for BlueWave’s growing solar and solar plus battery storage activities in the North Eastern United States.
Reporting to the CEO, the Head of Solar Development will lead strong project development and construction teams focused on BlueWave’s active pipeline of solar and storage development projects located in numerous markets. This role is ultimately responsible for project strategy, budgeting, execution and P&L while interacting with other disciplines including Site Acquisition, Interconnection, Project Finance as well as the Policy, Accounting and Marketing teams among others.
- Develop and deliver profitable solar projects located throughout the North Eastern United States.
- Build on an outstanding development team that is very well positioned for long term success.
- Set strategy for each project and chart course with the development team for effective and efficient project execution.
- Interact and build long-term relationships with landowners, permitting authorities, engineers, consultants, investors and team members.
- Step in to support project managers in handling any challenging lease, permitting or construction related issues.
- Leverage a deep understanding of underlying project economics to drive the overall P&L of the development business.
- Develop a clear and firm sense of how the development business overall is performing and leverage that perspective in weighing portfolio and market level development decisions.
- Understand SMART program guidelines in Massachusetts and other state incentive programs.
- Proficient in modeling project economics and proformas. Very sound understanding of all variables that drive project economics. Present capital requests at internal Investment Committee meetings in order to advance projects and release funding.
- Work closely with the Interconnection team to set utility strategy on a project per project basis.
- Work closely with Project Finance team in closing relevant project financing events including project equity, debt and asset sales. Analyze the potential for solar+storage on all projects. Develop a deep understanding of battery storage integration.
- Work with the Construction team in order to transition projects from development to construction.
- Utilize our project management, document control and MIS tools to control and report on project progress.
- Drive accountability across the development team via proprietary project performance dashboards.
- Responsible for hiring and managing all subcontractors associated with developing each project.
- Familiarity with all project documentation, regulatory requirements and milestones, and monitor project progress against those requirements.
- Implementing document control procedures, with a particular focus on critical control documents.
- Providing quantitative analytical support for key project development decisions.
- Travel to and represent BlueWave at key community and public hearings during night meetings as required.
- Other duties for which you are qualified.
- Minimum 8 to 10 years of experience in the renewable sector.
- Experience in solar development preferred.
- Self-starter that can come up to speed quickly.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in various stages.
- Valid US Drivers license.
- Must be able to perform site visits that include rocky/sloped terrain.
- Familiarity with Salesforce and NetSuite a plus.
- Strong negotiating an deal-making skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Detail oriented and focused.
BlueWave is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and will do so by actively seeking to hire and promote diverse individuals throughout the company.
Providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment is critical to our identity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, handicap (disability), sexual orientation, gender identity/ or expression, genetics, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, military status or obligation, or other protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.