The Refractoryman reports to the Refractory Supervisor and is responsible of removing, repairing and rebuilding the refractory material in vessels; Prepares and set slide gates and nozzles in ladles and tundish; repairs and calibrates tundish nozzle shooters.
Tools and Equipment: trowel, mason hammer, ladder, level, pneumatic hammer, air and water hoses, scaffolds, brick saw, electric mixer, shovels, hoe, pneumatic refractory gun, remote control crane, forklift, small frond end loader, cutting torch, oxygen lance, rigging apparatus, vibrators, turret platform, gas drier, etc.
Materials: laddles, ladle lids, tundish, furnace, delta, various types of refractory material, bonding material, coating material, various types and sizes of bricks, blocks, sleeves, heat shields, etc.
1. Assessment and proper install of refractory material in needed applications.
2. Set up, tear out and installation of EAF patches and Relines.
3. Equipment maintenance of ladles, tundishes, slidegates, tundish gates and equipment used for these applications
4. Proper Housekeeping of Refractory, slidegate, and nozzle tech areas.
5. Work with team and tools for safe and adequate working environment.
Qualifications for this position includes one year of experience with the related tools, equipment and materials.