Hammer Packaging celebrates over 100 years of package decorating excellence. Since its founding in 1912, our company has grown to over 500 employees by evolving into new markets and expanding capabilities. Today, Hammer Packaging continues to thrive as an industry leader, consistently named one of the Top-100 privately held companies in Rochester, and continually rising among the Top400 printers in North America. With the right people, outstanding service, and leading-edge technology, The Hammer team is more committed than ever to leading, not following, the packaging printing industry. For more information, visit https://www.hammerpackaging.com.
- Monitor boxes for mis-labeling and possible mixing.
- Build special skids and related packaging materials.
- Monitor shipping supplies and inform the shipping office of low inventory.
- Coordinate transfer of finished goods to go into inventory.
- Set over finished work when productions constraints dictate.
- See that customer specifications are adhered to per ship request or via email.
- Oversee that the bail truck is properly stacked.
- Receive substrates into inventory. Match substrate receipt quantities against actual substrate quantity received.
- Check partial skids to be returned to inventory for proper packaging and fix as needed. Complete transfer report for all partials to be returned and load onto first truck available.
- Maintenance of products kept in the paper inventory and coating area racks that require use of forklift.
- Assist all departments where use of the forklift is needed.
- Collection, staging and loading of empty skids/tops to be returned.
- Load out bound trucks and verify carton/skid counts.
- Notify of any faulty/broken equipment.
- Work with WIP and inventory releases.
- Assist with training.
Educational background will be considered
6-12 months of prior material handling & forklift experience