Responsibilities: The Certified X-Ray Technician/Medical Assistant is responsible for all medical x-rays and DEXA scans; works with physicians and cross trained to perform clinical duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Completes patient intake process, taking patients' histories, and preparing and educating patients about the imaging procedure.
• Prepares exam rooms and instruments, as appropriate to anticipated utilization.
• Reviews patients' charts and Doctors' notes prior to examination; maintains patients' records during and after imaging procedure.
• Preparing radiopharmaceuticals for contrast in the diagnostic images.
• Positioning patients and equipment to capture the correct area and produce clear images.
• Monitoring exposure of patients and staff to ensure their safety during imaging procedures.
• Calibrating the equipment to ensure clear, usable images are taken of the correct area, as specified by the Doctor.
• Logging and organizing image results, developing film, assisting with the interpretation of the radiograph results, and consulting with Radiologists to determine if other images need to be taken.
• Ensures the proper sterilization and storage of the equipment,
• Maintains radiographic equipment and DEXA systems in all locations, and reports any equipment failures.
• Coordinates with the providers to schedule and complete radiographic procedures.
• Maintains up to date knowledge of current radiology practices and regulatory compliance requirements.
• Assists Providers in providing professional quality health care and education to patients.
• Must be aware of and comply with required services and data, according to the Health Care Plan and Quality Assurance Plan of Central Ozarks Medical Center.
• Must be able to gather adequate historical data and ensure patient comfort, flow and confidentiality.
• Will collect and record defined data and prepare reports, as required.
• Cleans and stocks supplies in treatment areas, as necessary.
• Assists in inventory tracking and preparing purchase requisitions for Management for needed supplies.
• Assists in other ancillary duties, laboratory procedures, when necessary.
• Travels to all COMC clinics as required. Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Requirements: The X-Ray Technician/Medical Assistant must be motivated to serve the needs of patients and perform services to benefit people and Central Ozarks Medical Center and must possess a sense of discipline to work in accordance with accepted radiology, nursing, and medical standards. Must possess and utilize tact and patience. Must be certified in Radiology, Medical Assisting, BLS/CPR and maintain all current certifications throughout employment with COMC. Must maintain CEUs as directed by COMC.
Education and/or experience: Must have an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Radiology or Radiologic Technology. Must have a current, unencumbered State licensure or certification as an X-Ray Technician. Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program preferred.
Language Skills: Must possess reading and verbal skills necessary to understand and communicate, regarding medical records, procedures and medication orders.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with all accounting concepts.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Other Skills and Abilities: Outgoing personality with strong phone etiquette skills and excellent customer service skills.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This includes moderate physical effort consisting of occasionally lifting or moving over 50 pounds of weight.
Travel Requirement: To fulfill the responsibility of the position travel to all COMC locations may be required. Employee should have valid Missouri driver’s license.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Knowledge of, and compliance with, HIPAA and 340B regulations is required. Confidentiality of patient information is mandatory.