Since 1963, compact Industries has been the leading contract manufacturer of dry food products to the Fortune 500 companies that market the national brands you know and love. Compact Industries partners with its customer in the Custom Blending & Contract Packaging, Retail, Food service, Office Coffee Service & Vending maker segments to deliver quality food products with 216,000 square feet of manufacturing and warehouse space. Compact Industries offers total rewards package, including attractive benefits, retirement saving programs, and tuition assistance. Work with an established team of long-term employees.
Apply with us today to become a part of our growing team!
Benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental, 401K, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Onsite Gym, Wellness Programs, Non-Exempt Sign-On Bonus.
First shift: 5:00 am - 3:00 pm
Second Shift: 3:00 pm - 1:00 am
Produce quality blended formulas
- Review and understand the daily blending schedule and shift expectations
- Verify that the blender assigned is properly in use for the production schedule
- Direct the activities of the dumpers assigned to his/her blender
- Ask staging personnel for the formulas needed to run the blender
- Verify the formulas are correct and they correspond to the schedule
- Verify any other ingredients needed to prepare the batch, quantities, description etc.
- Verify every single quantity of ingredients according to formula sheet
- Scan ingredients into the blender
- Measure blending time, speeds, etc. for processing batches
- Take samples and wait for QA approval
- Complete the paperwork for each batch
- Coordinate with dump room to empty the blender and get the hoppers of products back to the loft
- Actively participate in blender cleaning: brush-out, sugar purge, wet wash
- Make sure the work area is organized, clean and free of debris at all times
- Follow all/every Safety and GMP regulations and procedures
- Train new blender dumpers or new blender operators as needed
- Participate in company inventory count and other assignments as needed
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs
- Must be able to push/pull up to 100 lbs
- Standing 98% of time
- Walking 50% of time
- Bending, twisting and stooping motions 80% of time
- Basic knowledge of RF scanner use
- Ability to speak, read and comprehend English: simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization, auditors, and sometimes customers.
- Ability to direct a team
- Ability to calculate simple mathematical figures
- Ability to understand and carry out detailed written and oral instructions
- Ability to solve problems and troubleshoot issues
Preferred: high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One or more years of similar job experience or training
- Experience in manufacturing is a plus
- Experience working in a food environment is a plus