Compact Industries, Inc. is a family owned and operated company in St. Charles, Illinois – specialized in contract manufacturing, blending and packaging of powdered food products since 1963.
Apply with us today to become a part of our growing team!
Benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental, 401K, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Onsite Gym, Wellness Programs, Non-Exempt Sign-On Bonus.
First shift: 4:00 am - 2:00 pm
Second Shift: 2:00 pm - 12:00 am
Produce quality blended formulas
- Review and understand the daily blending schedule and shift expectations
- Verify that the blender assigned is properly in use for the production schedule
- Direct the activities of the dumpers assigned to his/her blender
- Ask staging personnel for the formulas needed to run the blender
- Verify the formulas are correct and they correspond to the schedule
- Verify any other ingredients needed to prepare the batch, quantities, description etc.
- Verify every single quantity of ingredients according to formula sheet
- Scan ingredients into the blender
- Measure blending time, speeds, etc. for processing batches
- Take samples and wait for QA approval
- Complete the paperwork for each batch
- Coordinate with dump room to empty the blender and get the hoppers of products back to the loft
- Actively participate in blender cleaning: brush-out, sugar purge, wet wash
- Make sure the work area is organized, clean and free of debris at all times
- Follow all/every Safety and GMP regulations and procedures
- Train new blender dumpers or new blender operators as needed
- Participate in company inventory count and other assignments as needed
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs
- Must be able to push/pull up to 100 lbs
- Standing 98% of time
- Walking 50% of time
- Bending, twisting and stooping motions 80% of time
- Basic knowledge of RF scanner use
- Ability to speak, read and comprehend English: simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization, auditors, and sometimes customers.
- Ability to direct a team
- Ability to calculate simple mathematical figures
- Ability to understand and carry out detailed written and oral instructions
- Ability to solve problems and troubleshoot issues
Preferred: high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One or more years of similar job experience or training
- Experience in manufacturing is a plus
- Experience working in a food environment is a plus