Responsibilities: As designated by the Medical Director within the bounds of the licensing authority.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Administers medications (oral, IM, SC, topical, and IV) as ordered.
• Administer immunizations as ordered by the provider for all ages (pediatrics/adolescent/adult).
• Assists the provider with procedures, doing set up of needed instruments and supplies.
• Assists with examination as requested within scope of practice.
• Documents chief complaint/visit reason and details according to provider preference.
• Documents patient care in the medical record completely and accurately.
• Initiates, reviews, and updates patient’s medication and summary lists according to provider preference.
• Triage patient phone calls.
• Maintains optimum inventory of medications and supplies.
• Obtains patient weight and vital signs accurately.
• Performs point of care lab testing and obtains blood samples and other specimens for lab testing as ordered.
• Provides patient teaching and supportive services as directed.
• Provides treatments as ordered.
• Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles change, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure, and meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Must be CPR certified or become certified during probationary period and maintain certification throughout employment with COMC. Must maintain CEUs as directed by COMC.
Education and/or experience: Must be a Licensed Practical Nurse in Missouri. Experience with electronic health records preferred.
Language Skills: Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from customers and regulatory agencies.
Mathematical Skills: Knowledge of fundamental math, adding machine, calculator, and Microsoft office.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Other Skills and Abilities: Strong phone etiquette and excellent customer service skills.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This includes moderate physical effort consisting of occasionally lifting or moving over 50 pounds of weight.
Travel Requirement: To fulfill the responsibility of the position travel to all COMC locations will be required. Employee should have valid Missouri driver’s license. Overnight travel may also be required in specific incidences of training, conferences, etc.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Knowledge of, and compliance with, HIPAA and 340B regulations is required. Confidentiality of patient information is mandatory.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.