Great new opportunity for a Central Maintenance Operator! The role will report to the Central Maintenance Supervisor and the primary functions of this positions include:
• Support treatment process and successfully achieve company and agency requirements, objectives, and goals.
• Operate various pieces of mobile equipment in lifting, placing and transporting materials, parts and machinery and performing a variety of tasks using earth moving equipment.
• Perform general grounds clean up and assist maintenance personnel in performance of their duties whether on a routine or directed basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Drives mobile crane to assigned work areas, assists in assessment of safe rigging and crane capabilities, operates controls to lift, place or transport parts, materials, motors, machinery, etc.
2. Sets-up and operates dual hoist mobile crane with clam bucket to clean scale pits.
3. Operates track hoe to dig for piping, conduit, drainage, etc.
4. Operates boom and track hoe to clean scale out of the mill retention ponds.
5. Checks machines to be operated daily for proper operation and fluid levels.
6. Assist maintenance in maintaining and repairing equipment.
7. Operate all equipment related to Water Treatment Process.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills of personnel so classified.
• High School/GED
• 2-3 years working in an industrial environment.
• Experienced working in extreme weather conditions.
• Willing to climb, bend, stand, or lift items.
• Strong mechanical aptitude - experience or willingness to gain experience within (6 months?) Chemical Analysis Instruments, Conductivity meter, Spec 70, Composite sampler.
• Use of Tools and Equipment: Millwright tools, Pneumatic Equipment, Bobcat, Man-lift, Forklift, Jig-lift, Oil Skimmer, Containment Booms, Chemical Analysis Instruments, Front-end Loader vehicle, Conductivity meter, Spec 70, Composite sampler, terrain cranes, mobile cranes, Track hoe, Overhead crane, Jack Hammer, Facility Truck, Pressure Washer,
• Experience with materials: water, chemicals, wire rod coils, Gas, Oxygen, etc.