The Title Officer is responsible for the entire title side function including, but not limited to, assuring title search and updates are completed timely, preparing title commitments from search data, identifying and clearing title issues, completing accurate recordings, preparing final title policies.
Assuring title search is completed accurately and timely
- Preparing title commitment and delivering to parties (in NM/AZ/WA delivery to escrow for delivery)
- Clearing complex title issues and clear communication of same
- Identify and resolve underwriting issues with external and internal Underwriting Departments
- Ensure the recording instructions are in full compatibility with title and lender instructions
- Review recording packages for errors and ensure proper, timely, recordation of all required documents
- Review and verify accuracy of type of coverages and endorsements to be issued
- Prepare all final title policies and corrections, as needed
- Ensure that the title operation is in complete compliance with any and all regulatory guidelines, as well as compliance with the TA Way.
- Other duties as assigned