Responsibilities: The Director of Operations is a key member of the Leadership Team that assists the COO in overall practice operations and implementation of health center operations policies for medical and behavioral health. This position provides leadership, day-to-day management, and oversight of the organizations clinical and facilities operations.
Areas of Responsibility: Major areas of responsibility include but are not limited to: Facilities management; Facilities security; Registration and checkout; Patient flow, scheduling, safety, and emergency protocols; Staffing and scheduling; Provider schedule coordination; Inventory management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Assists the COO with implementation of the organization’s healthcare plan, programs, and facility expansion.
• Coordinates the management of practice sites to interface with clinical and administrative systems on the development and implementation of operational policies and patient schedules.
• Solicits and reinforces constructive and professional relationships with organizations, companies, municipalities, etc. with which the Health Center partners and/or sub-contracts, for the provision of quality care services.
• Directs and oversees the overall daily operations and management of the services provided for all health center sites.
• Assists staff with the implementation of department goals, policies, procedures, and reporting tools through effective use of performance metrics and financial results.
• Provides for all staff a strong day-to-day leadership presence and supports an open-door policy among all staff.
• Participates in regular quality and process improvement meetings with other clinic leadership team members.
• Inspects buildings’ structures to determine the need for repairs and renovations.
• In conjunction with the clinical leadership team, works to enhance provider efficiency and, when necessary, assists in resolving clinic-related issues.
• Enhances health center visibility through community involvement by participating in service and professional organizations.
• Develops and establishes operating procedures consistent with the Heath Center’s overall policies and objectives and ensures their adequate execution.
• Appraises and evaluates the results of overall operations regularly and systematically and reports the results to the COO. Makes recommendations to the COO for improvements.
• Works with the management teams to promote the understanding, communication, and integration of the organizations mission, vision, values, and strategies.
• Supports and participates in performance improvement efforts, including quality improvement initiatives and risk management.
• Selects, engages, and oversees all external contractors for building cleaning and waste disposal.
• Implements effective tools to improve operational efficiencies and control costs.
• Analyzes staff functions, develops optimized staffing patterns, provides, or arranges for necessary training.
• Optimizes work procedures to achieve the goals of each department.
• Participates in grant-related activities with Senior Management.
• Allocates office space according to business needs.
• Oversees training for safety and security evacuations.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Should have experience in partnering with an executive team and have a high level of written and oral communication skills.
• Knowledge of practice management components, particularly in cost constrained environments.
• Knowledge of regulatory compliance, i.e., HIPAA, FQHC, OSHA, CLIA, etc.
• Basic understanding of information technology and ability to organize, analyze, and synthesize complex data from various sources.
• Willingness to work flexible hours in order to meet organizational needs.
• Must have the ability to plan and organize work to meet deadlines.
Education and/or experience: Bachelor’s degree in business or healthcare management required, with a Master’s Degree preferred. Project Management experience preferred. Facilities Operations Management experience preferred. Proven, demonstrated expertise in problem solving, priority setting and analytical skills. Minimum of three years supervisory and senior management experience, preferably in a healthcare setting.
Language Skills: Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from customers and regulatory agencies. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or Board of Directors.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with accounting concepts, develop and follow department budget(s).
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Other Skills and Abilities: Supervisory skills, strong training skills and excellent customer service skills. Outgoing personality with strong professional acumen. Strong communication skills that include diplomacy and straight forward instruction. Excellent interpersonal skills end empathy towards patients. Critical thinking skills and the ability to handle stressful situations. The capacity to function independently.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This includes moderate physical effort consisting of occasionally lifting or moving over 35 pounds of weight.
Travel Requirement: To fulfill the responsibility of the position travel to all COMC locations will be required. Employee should have valid Missouri driver’s license. Overnight travel may also be required in specific incidences of training, conferences, etc.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Confidentiality of patient information is mandatory.