Professional Structural Engineer Description
ERA (Ericksen Roed & Associates) provides full service structural engineering for a broad range of facility types. We pride ourselves on being a team of knowledgeable professionals, working toward the common goal of providing our clients affordable structures that stand the test of time. As a highly relationship-oriented firm, we advocate for owner and client needs, always looking out for their best interest. Our highest priority is to meet scheduled delivery dates, provide quality documents and offer innovative design. ERA staff thrives on quickly and efficiently finding the best solutions for each of our client’s unique needs.
ERA, a leader in the Twin Cities structural engineering profession, seeks a Professional Engineer with a structural background. As a Professional Engineer you will be responsible to work with a variety of clients to create structural designs and construction documents within a team setting. You will coordinate with project partners and assist with directing the structural design.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leadership of the structural engineering team responsible for delivering accurate project plans, specifications and construction documents on time and budget that exceed client’s expectations
- Creating analysis models for structural elements and systems
- Design of structural systems using; concrete, steel and other materials following appropriate building codes
- Working with construction partners to review shop drawings and respond to field questions
- Instruct draft/modeler technician on design drawings, data entry and report preparation
- Assist in the completion of site inspections and assessment reports
- Manages workload or project, communicates changes to project scope and any additional services to other team members assigned to project
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with structural emphasis, at ABET accredited University, Master’s degree preferred
- PE Licensed
- Excellent oral, written communication/presentation skills
- 4-7 years’ experience in structural engineering
- Advanced analytical and critical thinking skills
- Organized with the ability to work cross functionally
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, work, outlook, etc.)
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, while working with a team to deliver high quality of work
- Proficient with structural engineering software, such as RAM, RISA3-D, and SAP2000.
- Experienced in steel, concrete, and other material design.