Support and facilitate the development of the Proximo Spirits portfolio across MA Off-Premise accounts. Work in conjunction with United Division Management and Sales Teams to implement and execute national and local objectives. Create brand awareness within sales team, customers and consumers by coordinating brand education and customized marketing activities. Responsibilities also include key account management, sales programming, marketing execution and budget management.
This position covers all of Massachusetts.
- Deliver on portfolio volume growth and profitability goals
- Create and implement tactical programs that align with brand building, maximizing visibility and increasing sales
- Establish strategic relationships with national, local, and independent accounts to help facilitate portfolio growth
- Lead development of annual plans for key accounts that reflect brand and customer strategies and support the delivery of business goals
- Develop account solutions tailored to consumer insight (by chain, channel and categories)
- Direct and execute KPI’s for Off-Premise sales division including by not limited to points of distribution, accounts sold, visibility, feature promotion, category management, merchandising, and brand education
- Track and communicate execution to supplier and senior management
- Manage promotional and marketing budgets
- Understand and communicate market, brand and consumer trends / best practices
- Proactively participate in strategy briefing sessions and provide continuous feedback on execution and program effectiveness
- Serve as internal and external training resource providing brand and category education
- Managing complex customer relationships
- Ability to provide value to customer base while driving portfolio sales
- Strong selling, negotiation and consulting skills
- Leadership capabilities with strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of programming and profitability aligned with distributor sales
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Strong analytical skills, showcasing ability to forecast and communicate
- Basic brand marketing and finance skills
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Teams, etc.)
- Self-motivated, team player who is creative, enthusiastic, and a high achiever
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed
- 3-4 years of direct sales experience preferred
- 1-2 years major account responsibility within Beverage Alcohol Industry preferred
- Strong understanding of MA Off-Premise environment
- Proficient industry knowledge regarding brands, categories, trends, etc.
- Proven track record of delivering on defined sales goals
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- College degree or equivalent work experience/training/education preferred
Physical Demands and Environment:
- Occasional physical exertion including the regular lifting of objects weighing up to 25 pounds and the occasional lifting of objects weighing up to 40 pounds
- Work requires frequent standing or walking throughout the work day
- Work requires considerable mental concentration to effectively execute complex tasks requiring periods of focused mental and visual concentration
- Work requires travel and exposure to weather conditions while visiting customers, prospects or vendors
- Potential for accidents due to over the road travel including traffic accidents, delivery of goods or the set up of displays
At Martignetti Companies, we have a strong commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and aspire to be reflective of the diverse communities we serve. We aim to attract and hire qualified candidates who hold these same values, provide diverse perspectives, and contribute to creating a workplace where all employees experience a sense of belonging.
Martignetti is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetics, Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal and local laws. In addition to federal law requirements, Martignetti complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.