Central Ozarks Medical Center (COMC) is excited to announce an opening for a Dental Hygienist at our Camdenton clinic. We are expanding our team to serve the needs of our community! COMC is a non-profit, federally qualified health center that serves more than 18,000 patients a year in Pulaski, Laclede, Camden and Miller counties.
COMC is looking for a team member who is comfortable working with patients from a diverse background. A successful candidate will be a motivated, self-starter able to quickly adapt to new and changing situations while maintaining a professional demeanor.
Responsibilities: Perform those educational, preventive and therapeutic services necessary to detect and treat dental and periodontal problems. Organize maintain and provide oral health education programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Provide oral examinations and patient charting.
* Provide periodontal probing and charting.
* Provide scaling, root-planning, soft tissue curettage.
* Placement and removal of periodontal packs.
* Provide oral health instruction and dietary analysis.
* Other duties as may be required during the performance of initial and recall exams.
* Provide routine blood pressure screenings.
* Maintain medical history update.
* Participate in health fairs or classroom education as required.
* Responsible for inventory and assisting in the ordering of dental health promotion items.
* Perform other related duties.
Qualifications Requirements: Currently licensed to practice dental hygiene in Missouri. Must be CPR certified or become certified during probationary period and maintain certification throughout employment with COMC.
Education and/or experience: Must have GED or be a graduate from high school and an approved school of Dental Hygiene.
Language Skills: Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers. Ability to effectively present information to the supporting Dentist.
Mathematical Skills: Knowledge of fundamental math, adding machine, calculator, and Microsoft office.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Other Skills and Abilities: Excellent customer service skills.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This includes moderate physical effort consisting of occasionally lifting or moving over 50 pounds of weight.
Travel Requirement: To fulfill the responsibility of the position travel to all COMC locations may be required. Employee must have valid Missouri driver’s license and availability of a motor vehicle. Overnight travel may also be required in specific incidences of training, conferences, etc.