We are expanding our team to serve the needs of our community! Central Ozarks Medical Center (COMC) is excited to announce an opening for a Behavioral Health Coordinator. COMC is a non-profit, federally qualified health center that has served Pulaski, Laclede, Camden and Miller counties for over 40 years with clinics located in Richland, Camdenton, and Osage Beach Missouri. COMC is looking for a team member who is a comfortable working with patients from a diverse background. Must be a motivated, self-starter able to quickly adapt to new and changing conditions while maintaining a professional demeanor.
Responsibilities: The Behavioral Health Coordinator is responsible for basic clerical tasks such as answering phones, greeting patients and visitors, and scheduling Behavioral Health appointments in a professional and timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Registers new patients and updates existing patient demographics by collecting detailed patient information including personal and financial information using electronic medical record system.
• Verifies patient insurance eligibility, obtains authorizations from insurance companies
• Facilitates patient flow by notifying the provider of patients' arrival
• Protects patient confidentiality.
• Provides inclusive services and care for the LGBTQ community.
• Mitigates risk by being cognizant of potential stigma due to mental illness, racism, etc.
• Makes appointments and keeps accurate appointment schedules.
• Coordinates referrals between COMC and other providers
• Efficiently works in electronic medical record system, files and retrieves medical charts.
• Collects and records payments for services.
• Properly navigates incoming and outgoing faxes by assigning to appropriate staff.
• Scans and attaches patient documents to proper electronic chart location or assign to appropriate staff member.
• Welcomes and greets patients and visitors, in person or over the phones.
• Answers the phone while maintaining a polite, consistent phone manner using proper telephone etiquette.
• Responds to patients', prospective patients, and visitor inquiries in a courteous manner.
• Works directly with patients, healthcare insurance carriers and clinical staff to ensure revenue cycle integrity.
Qualifications Requirements: The Behavioral Health Receptionist must have the ability to plan and organize assignments and be self-motivating. Must possess patience in dealing with all people. Must have the ability to communicate effectively with patients, co-workers, vendors and all members of the public. Must have computer experience.
Education and/or experience: High school diploma or equivalent. Must be able to operate a PC in a Windows environment. Able to type or keyboard 45 wpm preferred and ability to operate a calculator proficiently. Familiarity with medical terminology is desirable. Previous experience in a medical or behavioral health office desirable.
Language Skills: Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers and regulatory agencies. Ability to effectively present information to top management. Excellent customer service skills.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with accounting concepts such as income and expense statements, budgets, and controls on cash such as into and out of COMC for deposit to the bank.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Other Skills and Abilities: Outgoing personality with strong phone etiquette skills, outstanding customer service skills. Must possess very strong communications and interpersonal skills, good telephone personality and must like working with people. Able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. Must have a willingness to learn, interpret and apply new skills and take direction from other team members. Able to organize information and manage time efficiently.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This includes moderate physical effort consisting of occasionally lifting or moving over 35 pounds of weight.
Travel Requirement: To fulfill the responsibility for the position travel to all COMC locations may be required. Employee must have valid Missouri driver’s license and availability of a motor vehicle.
Work Environment: This position will operate out of the Richland Administrative building. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Knowledge of, and compliance with, HIPAA and 340B regulations is required. Confidentiality of patient information is mandatory.