The Learning Circle YMCA is hiring for 2 Full Time teacher positions in the PreSchool and Toddler Departments.
The Full-Time Teacher is responsible for planning and implementing The Learning Circle's childhood education programs in accordance with the YMCA’s philosophy and policies. The position requires a professional commitment to the programs and to meeting the needs of children and families.
- Prepare, develop, and implement developmentally appropriate lesson plans and programs, in accordance with the YMCA’s philosophy and the curriculum of the YMCA and Summit Township’s Board of Education.
- Submit lesson plans and weekly newsletter to the Department Director for review prior to distribution.
- Introduce interactive activities into the classroom and encourage students to vocalize their concerns and questions.
- Organize students into small groups for social education.
- Encourage creativity in students by organizing art and craft projects on a daily basis.
- Communicate with other team members as well as with parents about students’ progress and behavior.
- Create a welcoming and inspiring atmosphere in the classroom.
- Collaborate with all classroom staff through communication and group planning.
- Ensure that all programs are consistent with the mission and values of the YMCA.