We are expanding our team to serve the needs of our community! Central Ozarks Medical Center (COMC) is excited to announce an opening for a Clinical Therapist. COMC is a non-profit, federally qualified health center that has served Pulaski, Laclede, Camden and Miller counties for over 40 years with clinics located in Richland, Camdenton, and Osage Beach Missouri. COMC is looking for a team member who is a comfortable working with patients from a diverse background. Must be a motivated, self-starter able to quickly adapt to new and changing conditions while maintaining a professional demeanor. Must have a valid LCSW or Psych D license to operate in the State of Missouri.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Perform Intake/Assessments. Assist in coordination of admissions and discharge requirements with patient, family and staff.
• Complete detailed charting of progress notes, daily, within the COMC electronic health record software.
• Provide counseling to individuals, groups and families.
• Develop and complete patient treatment planning, reviews and case management.
• Be responsible for managing patients ongoing treatment and assessing outcome.
• Attend clinical and administrative meetings as required.
• Provides positive impression, through words and tone, to patients, visitors, and employees presenting to the clinics.
• Collaborates with Behavioral Health Director, Medical Director, LCSWs, LPCs and other professional staff to assist the Behavioral Health Director in developing a comprehensive program of therapy, evaluation, and treatment.
• Provides clinical therapy services to patients.
• Performs clinical behavioral health therapy testing and evaluation.
• Responsible to make appropriate referrals to internal disciplines of COMC and/or external resources/agencies for additional services required.
• Provides clinical consultation to other providers within COMC as needed.
• Responsible for accurate, timely, and clear medical record documentation.
• Provides clear written and oral communication to patients/guardians, and employees.
Qualifications Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
• Full licensure as a Psych D or LCSW in the State of Missouri.
• Requires a master's or doctoral degree.
• Completion of 3-5 years’ experience in clinic setting, preferred.
• Able to communicate with others to effectively convey information.
• Social and cultural sensitivity appropriate to ethnically and economically diverse patient-and employee-base.
Language Skills: Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the community. Demonstrates high levels of responsibility and decision-making ability as it relates to clinical judgment and adherence to agency policies/ procedures.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with all accounting concepts and budget(s).
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Other Skills and Abilities: Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Travel Requirements: To fulfill the responsibility of the position travel to various areas of the region is required. Employee must have valid Missouri driver’s license and availability of a motor vehicle. Overnight travel may also be required in specific incidences of training, conferences, etc.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Knowledge of, and compliance with, HIPAA and 340B regulations is required. Confidentiality of COMC proprietary information is mandatory.