DexCare is searching for a Chief Technology Officer to provide visionary technical leadership. This leader will drive innovation at scale across the organization though empowerment and management of the Company’s engineering, data science and infrastructure teams. As a member of the executive team, they will own and drive evolution of key strategic technologies and system architecture with a focus on working effectively in a highly collaborative, cross-functional environment.
With direct responsibility for DexCare’s technology roadmap, the CTO will be an authentic leader who is driven by enthusiasm and passion for our mission. They will be an innovator, strategic thinker, and thought partner to the CEO and other leaders. The CTO will have a track-record of delivering and scaling products and solutions that surprise and delight users and customers. They will set the stage for high performance, support initiative, and encourage accountability at all levels of the organization.
- Provide leadership and management of all technology and engineering departments
- Attract, recruit, develop and retain top technical talent
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the Company with technical thought-leadership, and translate business initiatives into technical strategy
- Lead the design of technical architecture and infrastructure to support enterprise-level scale needs
- Collaborate, inform and execute on product vision and roadmap to bring solutions to market on time and on budget
- Deeply understand our customers, users and their wants and needs
- Collaboratively partner with other teams within the organization to drive business outcomes; actively build relationships outside of the engineering organization
- Inspire others across the organization
- 10+ years of experience in positions of increasing responsibility and leadership of technology and/or software engineering teams, culminating in the target role.
- Recognized and respected thought-leadership within the healthcare industry, ideally within the digital health sector
- Demonstrated ability to meet the strategic business needs of the Company though technical execution
- Established experience architecting enterprise-class systems at scale, both in terms of large numbers of users and/or transactions, as well as streamlined implementation throughput
- Successful product launches dependent upon effective cross-functional collaboration and utilizing rapid development cycle
- Passion for deeply understanding customer needs and wants
- Demonstrated experience bringing to market data-driven platforms (vs. applications only)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
Bonus experience this candidate may bring:
- Experience bringing to market consumer/provider-facing healthcare offerings and integrating into EMR and other systems utilized by hospital networks
- Demonstrated experience building, managing, and leading high-performing teams.
- Sourcing and management of international development teams a plus.
- Established ability to work collaboratively with employees at all levels of an organization
- Superior relationship management skills: ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers, as well as effectively operate with other functional areas in an organization
- Polished and persuasive written and verbal communicator skills
- Venture-funded start-up experience
Who is DexCare?
DexCare, Inc. is a data-driven intelligence company focused on health and well-being. We were Incubated at Providence, one of the nation’s largest and most innovative health systems with over 50 hospitals across the Western United States.
DexCare is led by a mission-driven team experienced in building successful, innovative and transformative solutions to healthcare’s biggest problems. We’ve built digital health companies from the ground up and also worked in some of the world’s largest healthcare companies and provider organizations. We are backed by leading healthcare investors, including Kaiser Permanente, Providence Ventures, Define Ventures, Frist Cressey Ventures and SpringRock Ventures.
What is DexCare?
DexCare’s core offering is a Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) that intelligently orchestrates health system capacity and digital demand across all lines of care. In a complex and vast sea of virtual “point solutions”, DexCare is the operating system that makes it all work. DexCare’s data-driven intelligence engine allocates, flexes and optimizes resources to best meet both consumer demand and health system business goals—expanding the reach of health system service lines into a new, digital and on-demand consumer arena. The platform attracts and caters to high-value consumers by providing a fully-digitized, unified experience that routes consumers to the best care options while leveraging existing EMR, caregiver and brand investments. DexCare enables leading health systems across the U.S. to attract 30% more new patients, capture 5x downstream revenue, generate over 20% per patient encounter in costs savings, and deliver a net promotor satisfaction score greater than 90. Discover more at www.dexcarehealth.com.
- Competitive compensation + equity (Series A stage)
- Flexible work arrangements (remote/in-person hybrid)
- Startup culture
- Accomplished team
- Innovative solution to proven customer need
- Customer and revenue traction
DexCare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. DexCare does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. DexCare provides reasonable accommodation to all applicants who require such accommodation to apply for the position or to perform the essential functions of the job.