Sign on Bonus $1,500
Housing resources can be shared
ASL proficiency required
Currently we have a database that is outdated, and none of the programs out there can assist with all of the programs needs, so we are looking to coordinate and orchestrate an implementation of different software/databases that will meet the requirement of different tasks and reporting. The overarching goal is to allow for an seamless installation of different software programs and effective programs to support all program functions.
SUPERVISOR: Director of Curriculum and Instruction
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise installation, migration and upgrade of different databases.
- Ensure database management and maintenance tasks are performed effectively.
- Conduct and coordinate training programs for staff on database development and maintenance procedures.
- Troubleshoot complex database issues in an accurate and timely manner.
Strong Account and file management -
- Strong understanding of different software and ability to patch and seamless transfer data.
- Ensure the student database is effectively migrated to the TLC’s server and is updated as needed.
- Maintain accurate records.
Managing database software
- To have a thorough understanding of how different components in a database are related (support increased intercommunication between several databases within TLC)
- Identifying patterns, understanding database design concepts, and being able to participate in short and long-term planning about database projects.
Ensure data is gathered and managed in the central database
- Identify these databases, analyze the data and understand how it's being used and work with the proper team members to get the information back in the central database.
Database planning and design -
- To have an in-depth understanding of database design concepts.
Data integrity including being aware of potential weaknesses when analyzing and using said data.
- To provide clear communication channels with colleagues to review data and make sure that it's accurate. You must also be able to communicate clearly with vendors and explain exactly what kind of help you need.
- Comply with school, state, and federal policies and procedures, as well as support the mission of the school.
- Maintain professional boundaries.
- Maintain student and staff confidentiality.
- Maintain a professional appearance in accordance with The Learning Center’s policy.
*Perform other tasks as assigned by the Department Supervisor.
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
**TLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and all employees and applicants for employment are afforded equal opportunity in every area of hiring and employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, age, criminal record (inquiries only), handicap (disability), mental illness, retaliation, sexual harassment, sexual orientation, genetics, active military, and any other legally protected characteristic.
**TLC embraces and celebrates a spirit of inclusion and diversity, and reasonable accommodations and modifications will be made whenever possible.