Hoopaugh Grading Company, LLC (“HGC”) is actively seeking an experienced Excavator Operator. This position will be under the direction and supervision of a foreman or superintendent and will work with a team of other construction professionals. The job description noted below is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the employee a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Set up, direct and load on- and off-road trucks safely and efficiently.
· Utilize HGC’s core values in daily duties.
· Communicate professionally with everyone on site, including but not limited to supervisors, teammates, contractors, clients and vendor partners.
· Understand, interpret and follow goals and directions from a foreman or superintendent.
· Maintain attendance at work, including presence at work during regular work hours or other schedule as may be assigned by the foreman or superintendent. Acceptance of overtime assignments also may be required in order to operational needs.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
· Perform other various assignments as assigned.
Experience & Requirements
· Must be able to read and understand grade stakes.
· Must be able to carry grade based on provided information.
· Must have Erosion control installation experience.
· Must have Experience operating an excavator.
· Must be willing to work Monday through Friday 7AM-5:30PM, or other schedule as may be assigned by the foreman or superintendent, as well as Saturdays when needed.
· Must be able to communicate effectively with supervisors and teammates.
· Must be able to understand site goals and direction.
· Must pass a pre-employment drug and background screening.
· Must have reliable transportation.
· Must be 18 years of age or older.
Essential Physical Demands of Work Environment, With or Without a Reasonable Accommodation
· Able to stand/sit for extended periods of time, as well as stoop, kneel, walk, bend, crouch, lift, and crawl as required to perform essential duties.
· Able to climb on and off equipment safely while maintaining three (3) points of contact.
· Able to lift, carry, and hold building materials, tools, and supplies
· Able to maintain constant alertness and situational awareness while on the job site.
· Able to perform job responsibilities outdoors, in all types of weather conditions.
· Able to communicate audibly and visually while exposed to varying levels of noise, dust and substances commonly found on construction sites.
· Able to use hands, arms, and feet for repetitive lifting and carrying of construction materials.
· Able to lift 50-80 lbs on a regular basis
· Able to walk through varied terrain
· Any other physical demand the assigned duties require.
· Competitive Pay (based on experience)
· Medical Insurance
· Short-Term Disability
· Group Term Life
· Voluntary Dental, Vision & Life Insurances
· Voluntary Long-Term Disability
· 401(k) Plan with Company Match
· Paid Vacation & Holidays
· Signature 35-Hour Guarantee
· Bonus Program
· Free Training Programs at the HGC Academy
HGC operates in a 65-mile radius from Charlotte, North Carolina. By applying for this position, you acknowledge our operation radius and understand your commute could reach up to one (1) hour. Teammates are asked to move job sites as project needs change and occasionally report to the HGC Academy for training. All applicants to whom a conditional offer of employment is made shall undergo and pass a pre-employment screening including drug test, background check, and a fit for duty exam prior to beginning work. HGC is a drug-free workplace.
HGC is an industry-recognized, award-winning provider of construction services driven by our commitment to providing quality turn-key sitework packages for large industrial, commercial, and residential projects. Voted one of the Charlotte Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in 2019, 2021 and 2022 as well as the Charlotte Observer’s Top Workplaces from 2018-2022, we strive to provide a friendly work environment that encourages productivity while promoting teamwork, education, safety and the well-being of our teammates on every level.
HGC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against age, race, religion, color, disability, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by law.