Sign on Bonus- $1,500
Housing resources available
Relocation costs may be covered
Must have an understanding of special education procedures and policies and the application of service delivery, curriculum and instruction of students with disabilities. Must have comprehensive knowledge of the coordination of service delivery, related service providers, and community agencies and other resource providers.
Case manages student records and services in accordance and compliance with State and Federal regulations. Coordinates the exchange of student information with Local Education Agencies (LEAs), State Operated Programs (SOPs) and other education agencies.
To meet all compliance requirements and to ensure consistency across school programs; attend specific DESE & MAAPS meetings related to IEPs; and assume other responsibilities as designated by the Director of Curriculum and Instruction.
SUPERVISOR: Director of Curriculum and Instruction
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedule and manage TEAM meetings, including annual and re-evaluation meetings
- Assist with the provision of services for students' individual needs in the least restrictive environment compliant with the service delivery grid of their Individual Educational Program (IEP).
- Coordinate and collaborate with classroom teachers, counselors, social workers, specialists, intervention specialists, academic/behavior interventionists, and others regarding students’ accommodations, program modifications, instructional supports, behavior intervention plans, etc.
- Communicate with the principal regarding parent concerns and questions regarding the implementation of students’ IEPs and instructional programs.
- Train and monitor development of IEP goals, objectives and relevant areas within the IEP.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal special education regulations, including timelines.
- Ensure the preparation of appropriate documents for review meetings, including collecting and organizing IEP goals and objectives from all service providers.
- Provide educational consultation to teachers, staff, service providers, and parents that will enhance their understanding of the needs of students with disabilities.
- Provide support of special education teachers and service providers in daily activities and mandated paperwork requirements.
- Monitor completion of progress reports.
- Confirm that services are documented in appropriate databases (i.e., school-based student information systems and the Special Education Data System (Frontline)).
- Perform other duties and functions as deemed necessary
- Keeps the education director & superintendent informed of students/staff issues and needs.