At United Way of Salt Lake, we’re committed to solving complex social problems at scale. We collectively work with organizations across the valley to ensure the education, health, and financial stability of every person.
Working with UWSL is an opportunity to expand your experience to nonprofit work in a variety of fields. We have internship opportunities that involve community engagement, volunteer planning, data, and others.
BENEFITS AND COMMITMENT
Our internship positions are filled as needed internally, with a few seasonal opportunities that recur regularly. All of our interns are provided with a competitive hourly compensation (between $12-15).
Internship opportunities are designed to provide candidates with meaningful work experience. To best meet the needs of individuals and the business, internships can range between eight and 16 weeks long.
If you are interested in interning with UWSL, please complete our Internship Interest Form. Internship opportunities include:
- Legislative Intern: You’ll work with our Senior Director of Government Relations and Public Policy to execute on an intentional strategy during the legislative session.
- Volunteer Tutoring Intern: Work with our volunteer and school network teams to execute student-centric tutoring efforts.
- 211 Database Intern: Working with our extensive resource database, you’ll have the opportunity to develop critical skills in data evaluation, accuracy, and manipulation.
- Marketing Events Intern: You’ll learn about project and event planning as you help executive major fundraising and marketing events.
- Development Intern: You’ll assist our fundraising team execute corporate campaigns and prepare presentation materials.
- Grant Writing Intern: You’ll work with our Grants Director to develop grant writing skills.